Build your individual model of a car! Curious boys and girls learn lots about cars through hands-on gameplay.
In each area there’s something to do. It can be refueled, the oil can be topped up, you can change a tyre and much, much, more. And your own car can be decorated by you and fine-tuned for the ride - including engine noises! Developed with a team of engineers, parents and children for curious boys and girls aged 4 and above to understand how a car works.
This app relies on the the initial STEM foundation and provides standards-based structured inquiry-based and real world problem-based learning, connecting parts from all four of the STEM subjects. There is also an emphasis placed on bridging in-school and out-of-school STEM learning opportunities.
- Select and decorate your own car
- Many different exercises (refueling the car, washing the car, changing the tyres, crash testing)
- Large illustrated technology area
- How does the engine work?
- Why does a car need water and oil?
- How do the brakes work?
- What happens during a crash test?
- Collect images of cars for My Album
- Original artwork
- More than 100 illustrations
- No reading required
- Voice over read by children
- Additional texts available for "little smarty-pants"
- Intuitive, safe, and kid-friendly interface
- Fun for all ages, from toddlers to adults
- No rules or levels, curiosity is rewarded
- Contains no in-app purchases or advertisements from third party companies
This is my Car - Mechanics for Kids follows a playful and educational method that entertains children while learning.
Brand new models of great classic cars.
Ratings and Reviews
Buggy, unresponsive at times
I love this app, it's amazing and fun to play for all ages. Personally I think there should be more to the app than creating the outside of it. We should be able to create the inside of the car while learning about the features. Maybe even let the kids test drive the car. This app is awesome but I think it can be more awesome by reaching the full value of the app. 3 dollars is a bit expensive for what the app offers. It can reach the value maybe adding these features in a next update. But for right now amazing no problem! Hope you guys take my suggestions to consideration. Well done so far.
Fun for kids when it works
My young boys like it overall and it seems to work well enough on iPhone 4S and 4th gen iPod Touch but there are objects that don't respond to dragging on an iPhone 6. Some parts of the cars have unusual names or are particular to certain countries/regions so it could be confusing. At least one part has a clearly incorrect label (though the voiceover is correct.) These have been issues for at least a couple months so it's unclear how consistent updates are.
- urbn; pockets
- 119.6 MB
Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © urbn pockets
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.