Join over 100,000 people who have downloaded the My Chi Parks™ app to discover free cultural and arts programming in Chicago parks. My Chi Parks™ is the official app of the Night Out in the Parks program, which hosts over 1,000 free events in parks all over the city, year round!
My Chi Parks™ is your destination for local, outdoor fun. Whether you want to learn to salsa, watch a classic movie, or experience Shakespeare for the first time, you can do it with My Chi Parks™. Search by event type, find events near you, and save your favorites so you catch them all!
In My Chi Parks™, you can:
• View a list of all Night Out in the Parks events happening this summer
• Search for specific events by date, by name, or by event type
• Use GPS to find events happening at parks near you
• Share event details with friends — on social media, through texting, or via email
• Save favorite events to your My Events page and quickly see your favorite events all in one place
• Get notified if a change happens to an event on your My Events list
• See park information and get directions for every event
• Watch movie trailers
Please Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Ratings and Reviews
Not as useful as I was hoping
I was hoping that in addition to general events, I would be able to log into this app to keep track of the classes my family signs up for. It’s probably useful if you want to see what’s going on in the parks, but if you use the park district for more than the free events, it’s not as helpful as it could be.
Missing key element to make useful
I downloaded this due to an upcoming visit by a pal with kids. I’m trying to help plan a great visit. While I can search by date, I have no way of knowing if the events are anywhere near me without clicking on each item of possible interest. There should be a way to easily identify future events within preferred locations (without having to know the names of the parks). This would increase the apps usability significantly and help expose people who don’t often use the parks to the wide offerings available. I hope this functionality is added soon.
Not the app I used to know
Finally redownloaded after years of not using it. This new version is *not* optimized for iPhone 13 screens, the top and bottom UI clash with the native IOS buttons and make them incredibly annoying to tap. More simplistic view of events associated with each park but it seems like either they cut down on events or things are missing. Also miss classes at each park buildings being listed. App feels chopped up, not redesigned.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- The Chicago Park District
- 37 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Portuguese
- Age Rating
- © 2022 The Chicago Park District