Join over 100,000 people who have downloaded the My Chi Parks™ app to discover free cultural and arts programming in Chicago parks. My Chi Parks™ is the official app of the Night Out in the Parks program, which hosts over 1,000 free events in parks all over the city, year round!
My Chi Parks™ is your destination for local, outdoor fun. Whether you want to learn to salsa, watch a classic movie, or experience Shakespeare for the first time, you can do it with My Chi Parks™. Search by event type, find events near you, and save your favorites so you catch them all!
In My Chi Parks™, you can:
• View a list of all Night Out in the Parks events happening this summer
• Search for specific events by date, by name, or by event type
• Use GPS to find events happening at parks near you
• Share event details with friends — on social media, through texting, or via email
• Save favorite events to your My Events page and quickly see your favorite events all in one place
• Get notified if a change happens to an event on your My Events list
• See park information and get directions for every event
• Watch movie trailers
Please Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
- seasonal changes
Ratings and Reviews
Missing key element to make useful
I downloaded this due to an upcoming visit by a pal with kids. I’m trying to help plan a great visit. While I can search by date, I have no way of knowing if the events are anywhere near me without clicking on each item of possible interest. There should be a way to easily identify future events within preferred locations (without having to know the names of the parks). This would increase the apps usability significantly and help expose people who don’t often use the parks to the wide offerings available. I hope this functionality is added soon.
Good start, needs some features
Overall this is very useful for finding events around town. There are a couple bugs that need to be worked out - often when you click on a park in the map the events don't show up. But the biggest feature I'd like to see in the future would be a 'My parks' section where I could save the parks near me that I visit and then filter results by that list instead of researching parks one at a time. It would also be nice to filter both by park and category at the same time.
This app is amazing at the summer time. Obviously Chicago wouldn’t have events at parks in the cold winter. Which is when the other reviewer was looking in this app
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- The Chicago Park District
- 42.1 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Portuguese
- Age Rating
- © 2021 The Chicago Park District
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.