The My Hoover Connect app will make asking questions and reporting local problems in our city a more efficient process. The mobile app’s purpose is to help residents easily report street maintenance issues, garbage or recycling issues, street light requests, potholes, damaged street signs, as well as damaged trees and roads. The app uses GPS to recognize a user’s current location and provides a menu of common quality-of-life conditions to select from. Users will have the opportunity to upload pictures or videos to accompany requests and can use the app to track the status of reports. Residents can also contact My Hoover Connect at (205) 739-7311 for information regarding any municipal service or connect on line at the My Hoover Connect link or the HVR Connect link at www.hooveralabama.gov or visit Hoover City Hall at 100 Municipal Lane, Hoover, AL 35216.
We’re updating our iOS application to support the following:
• Support for max character counts on secondary questions
• Required and publicly displayed labels added to secondary questions
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Good Idea, but Execution Still Needs Work
I like the idea of the convenience that this app will bring once the bugs are worked out.
Things I’d like to see fixed:
1. I am unable to close a request after it has been “acknowledged” by the city. This seems like it would create an inconvenience for the city, as residents have to reach out to them to close the request. I expect many residents will not bother, resulting in the city making stops that are no longer necessary.
2. The map function does not allow me to drop a pin at the location. The address function results in the red X icon not reflecting where my property is. Likewise, if I try to create a request based on where the red X is on the map, the resulting address is incorrect. Perhaps this is just a calibration issue.
- CITY OF HOOVER, AL
- 43.9 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Filipino, French, German, Italian, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Tagalog, Traditional Chinese, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2008-2020 SeeClickFix, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.