Has your life been touched by dementia? Download My House of Memories today and start exploring the past together with family, friends and carers.
Look through pictures of inspiring objects from a range of museums from across the decades to bring back great memories, brought to life with sound, music, and descriptions. My House of Memories is a great way to spend time together with loved ones, and stay more connected to one another.
Reminisce together while you browse a range of everyday objects, like cinema tickets, a Singer sewing machine and a 10-shilling note. Save your favourite museum objects to a digital memory tree, digital memory box or timeline, to come back to your favourite objects whenever you want. Start exploring now!
Find out more about living well with dementia and supporting a loved one through activities you can do together. It’s easy to use for family members of all ages - the little ones will love it too!
Created by National Museums Liverpool, My House of Memories allows you to explore objects from the past and share memories together. The first app of its kind anywhere in the world, it is designed for, and with, people living with dementia or Alzheimer’s disease, and their carers - but can be used by anyone! Download My House of Memories today!
EXPLORE MUSEUM OBJECTS FROM THE PAST
Travel through history by exploring fascinating objects from world-class museums, whether you’re interested in collections from local towns or further abroad. Create your own personal museum!
- Objects spanning the decades 1920s – 1980s
- Items from a range of museums, at your fingertips
- Stimulate memory and conversation
Find objects that relate to your own life history, identity, and favourite hobbies
- Range of themes available including ‘Work and Family Life’, ‘Music and Entertainment’ and ‘Sports and Hobbies’
- Find cultural objects that have personal significance in packs such as ‘Irish Connections’, ‘African and Caribbean Life in Britain’ and ‘Memories of London’
- Save your favourite packs by making a personal profile to come back to them at any time!
Anyone can use the app, with simple touch screen controls to empower people living with dementia to explore the app by themselves.
- ‘Read aloud’ option for people who prefer to listen than read
- Informative hints prompt users and remind them what the objects are
- Enjoy a rich, multisensory experience and bring objects from history to life with sound and animation
- ‘Music box’ function plays a selection of music provided by the Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra, to engage loved ones with songs that bring back great memories
ACTIVITIES FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY
Enjoy spending time together, exploring objects and making memories
- Collect your favourite objects and display them in a memory tree, box, or timeline to spark discussion with others
- Teach children about family history with informative object descriptions from a range of museums
- Easily export your memory tree, box, or timeline to share with others
RESOURCES FOR CARERS
Access helpful information about dementia (including Alzheimer’s disease, vascular dementia, Lewy body dementia and other forms of dementia) and feel supported as you care for your loved one:
- Dementia awareness guide and informative videos to help carers and family members
- Tips and ideas for fun activities together for people living with dementia
- My House of Memories promotes living well with dementia
My House of Memories also has a ‘My Memories’ feature, which enables you to safely and privately add your own photos to the app, to share precious personal memories with those living with dementia. Create your own library of memories!
By downloading the My House of Memories app, you agree to abide by our Acceptable Use policy.
- Fixed issues with Profile photos
- Fixed instances where voice over would play twice
- Improved MyMemories playback
- Fix for issues when selecting playback music
- Several audio fixes
- Updated Icons though out app
- Animation playback fixes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- National Museums & Galleries on Merseyside
- 18.9 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © National Museums Liverpool
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.