My House of Memories allows you to explore objects from the past and share memories together. It can be used by anyone, but has been designed for, and with, people living with dementia and their carers.
Browse through objects from across the decades, brought to life with multimedia, to reminisce about a range of every day objects, from school life to sport. Save objects to your own memory tree, memory box or memory timeline. Create personal profiles for different people, so that they can save their favourite objects and look at them again. Find out more about living well with dementia, and how carers can support people through memory activities you can do together.
* Inspirational objects from a range of museums, spanning the decades 1920s-1980s to stimulate memory and conversation
* An easy to use design with simple touch screen controls that empower users
* Option to add themed sets of objects, from “work and family life” to “music and entertainment”
* Music, sound effects and videos to provide a rich, multi-sensory experience and bring objects to life
* Activities to do together - collect your favourite objects for display in a memory tree, memory box or timeline
* A ‘music box’ function that plays back your memory display to a selection of music provided by the Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra
* Export your memory tree, box or timeline to share with others
* A ‘read aloud’ option for people who prefer to listen than read
* Helpful ‘Hints’ to prompt people and remind them what the objects are
* Information for carers, including a dementia awareness guide, tips and ideas for memory activities and resources, an interactive quiz and a number of informative films
By downloading the My House of Memories app, you agree to abide by our Acceptable Use Policy.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
- National Museums & Galleries on Merseyside
- 185.1 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © National Museums Liverpool
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.