Use My Journals to create journals or diaries holding your private thoughts and images or videos.
The beautiful themes make it easy to adjust your journals to your preferences and make it more enjoyable to read them later.
* Create an unlimited number of journals
* Optional password and TouchID protection for each journal
* Three themes, each with its own look & feel, fonts and colors. Choose the one that fits your mood best
* Import images or videos from your iPad or shoot them directly (requires iPad with camera)
* Place, size and rotate your images in your journal. The text will flow around it smoothly
* Fullscreen imageviewer integrated
* Your images use the full retina display resolution and look beautiful
* Create and assign tags to your entries. These will make it easier to find the very special days later
* Search your journal using full text search or filter by assigned tags
* PDF export
* Convert your journal or parts of it into a PDF
- Send the PDF as EMail, open it in other Apps or use iTunes to transfer it to your computer
- Optimize the PDF for printing (colors, background, images)
- Textflow and image placements will stay the same as in your original journal
* Create backups of a journal to share it with others or have it available in the case of data loss
If you have any requests or complaints, please use the contact us form on our website and we will try to help you.
* New: Use TouchID to secure your private Journals (optional)
* iOS 10 adjustments
* Fixed a bug when using the camera to take an image or video
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Hmmm. Just needs a little tweaking
I really wanted a journal that I can attach pictures and videos to, and this does that splendidly. You can drag them from your library or take them on the spot right from the app. You can place them anywhere in your text and make them any size. Perfect. That's why I bought it.
There are just a couple of things I'd like to see improved. The point of having a journal is still about the writing. The saved page looks nice when you're done, but the edit mode is pretty uninspiring - basically a plain small rectangle. It would be nice if the "feel" option was also part of the edit mode and not just the finished page.
It would also be nice to be able to email a selected part of the journal to share with others. The backup feature is already there so perhaps this wouldn't be too hard to incorporate?
Overall, looks like this will be a great app. Hoping for some more innovative things for future updates!
UPDATE: a couple days later
Love that your pictures and videos open to full screen. Beautiful on the new iPad, and surprisingly one thing that is lacking in other apps.
Biggest wish is for more options. Would love to see a much bigger selection of fonts and themes.
Not what I expected
Initially, I thought this would be a great way to continue my daily record of my thoughts. I recently brought the iPad Pro and the old journal was not available for the new iPad. You advertise what app could do and I thought I could adjust the font to my mood as I wrote, not true. The photo option could truly be improved. One thing I do really like is the caption option for your entries.
Update, if you really want to improve this AP?
Give it the ability to change the font to reflect the mood of the writers!
You have not listen. Is it possible to change the font within a sentence? You know, change a single word into bold or italic style, would enhance this AP.
I downloaded many apps to try out my travel journal. So far, this one has the template I like - clean and simple but elegant at the same time. It is easy to use. The only issue I have is having to move all pictures from iPhone and camera to iPad in order to add them to the journal. I was hoping to see this on iPhone and have it sync to iPad. Don't know if that's coming. But I still would recommend this app to anyone. I love it!
The developer, Frank Hartmann Softwaredevelopment, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Frank Hartmann
- 14.8 MB
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2012 Frank Hartmann Softwaredevelopment
- In-App Purchases
- Theme "It's a Girl!" $0.99
- Theme "It's a Boy!" $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.