My Library keeps all the information about your personal media collection at your fingertips. Separate tabs are available to display your books, movies, and compact discs, all ordered conveniently by title. You can search for items in your library, and enter a "loan status" to remember who you loaned the item to or borrowed it from. A new item can be entered automatically (enter ISBN, EAN, or UPC and remaining data is loaded from the internet) or manually. If you load the data from the internet, the item's cover image is loaded as well.
- Supports large databases. Tested with a database of over 8,000 records!
- Scan barcodes directly into the app using the built-in and ready-to-use iOS or Zbar scanners! Can also use Pic2Shop as a separate app!
- Barcode scanning for older iPads! Requires Cue Cat USB scanner and the iPad USB Camera Kit. Search 'iPad Cue Cat' for details!
- Backup/Restore and view/sort your entire collection from your desktop with the integrated web server.
- Read free eBooks with MegaReader and QuickReader.
- Save information on your entire media collection in one convenient library
- See your book, movie, and CD covers on your iPod/iPhone
- Track loans
- Rate your collection
- Find places to buy books and the price at each vendor
- Search the database by multiple space-separated keywords
- Tilt your iPod to landscape view and view your covers in "shelf view" mode.
- Backup and restore your library to DropBox
- Email your database backup files to a destination of your choice.
- Import data via CSV file or saved backup.
- Load data by entering ISBN/EAN/UPC or by doing a title/author/artist search.
**** I am an avid book, movie, and music collector, as well as a professional computer engineer with a day job. I develop and support my apps because I love the iPhone and iPad platform and I want my apps to be all that they can be. Think I can do something better? Would a slightly different or new capability increase your rating or motivate you to give me a positive review? Please email me. I'm always open to suggestions! ****
Updated to latest Dropbox version.
Ratings and Reviews
I enter books then close and reopen the app to make sure it actually saved it. I can put stuff in collections but can not move the collections icon the the bottom row. It has an edit option but won’t let me move the icons. I dont need the movie/music but those remain in the bottom row. $4 way too much for what little this app does. Won’t add images to book by search.
Great app for keeping track of large library
I have been using this app for possibly 6 years now (started with my 3GS).
I have just under 3k books entered and it’s great! There have been a few hiccups along the way pertaining to iOS updates mainly. (Cover flow I miss you!)
The apps search function works better if your phone is not in low power mode FYI.
Sometimes I have to close the app and reopen it if I have been adding books for a while. One of the hidden gems is the ability to add items to collections. I like that you can customize genre and series and add storage locations to each item. Overall this has been the best and longest lasting solution I have found.
I’ve read some of the complaints and felt like I could address some.
The export and backup functions are buried in the utilities menu. They work well for me.
There is no desktop version advertised but rather a built in web server in the app so you can connect to your app from a desktop browser.
The cover and detail errors that occur from time to time when entering by barcode scan are due to the internet databases being accessed rather than the fault of the author. If you get the wrong book, I find that scanning it again or manually entering the isbn can fix it sometimes. Else you just have to fix that entry manually.
End up on buying another app. I did look for the option to cancel order and could not find. Unhappy. Will not suggest to anybody.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.