Ranked #4 in the Lifestyle category!
It's time to bring your desktop to LIFE.
Since 2005 My Living Desktop has been a distinctive product as the only Video Desktop and Screen Saver for the Mac with over 100,000 users worldwide and now in its 5th revision. My Living Desktop is a unique cross between a Video Desktop (moving wallpaper) and a traditional screen saver.
My Living Desktop brings a whole new dimension to your computing experience by turning your Mac's desktop into a beautiful, moving environment.... complete with soothing sounds, gentle summer breezes, and crisp ocean waves. Built in features include Automatic Serenity Breaks, Scene Ratings, and Scene Collections to let you assemble your favorite scenes for any mood or setting.
My Living Desktop comes complete with dozens of stunning, relaxing real video scenes shot from all over the globe. There are tons of smarts built into it too so it will not impact your normal computing experience. My Living Desktop supports multiple monitors with different (or the same) scenes playing on each, and can be set to automatically turn on or off when applications you've chosen come forward. The quick access menu bar control gives immediate accessibility to some of the most important features at any time.
28 Scenes are included:
Peace Prevails on Earth
Vacation Skies II
and 12 more surprises
Rave user reviews:
• Nice work. It's amazing to see these animations on my desktop. -- Leo Laporte, Call for Help TV, KFI 640 AM, Los Angeles, TWIT Podcast
• My Living Desktop is the coolest!! Seeing water rippling, birds flying by, clouds drifting along, water falls - all right on your desktop - it's truly a great experience for one who stares at the Mac all day. -- George Duke, Jazz Musician, Grammy Award Winner, R&B Keyboardist Of The Year, Innumerable movie & televisions scores
• I'm a musician, and I was on tour. I had my laptop with My Living Desktop on in the dressing room. The other two guys in the horn section saw it and immediately went and downloaded the program. So peaceful, it's the best mini-vacation you can take without leaving your desk. -- George Shelby, Musician for American Idol, Aretha Franklin, Kung Fu Panda, Happy Feet 2, Glee
• I love the way My LIving Desktop brings the beauty of the world into My office and study. There is a calm and a centering that gives me renewed energy and strength for the tasks of the day. -- Rabbi Bradley Artson, Vice President American Jewish University, Los Angeles, CA
• When I need to de-stress, relax and re-focus now, My Living Desktop takes me away. These visual and aural massages work their magic while transporting me to exotic, pastoral or oceanic locations around our precious planet. -- Roger Kelly, Writer and Broadcaster, Vancouver Canada
• I LOVE My Living Desktop, it helps me relax so much. I see a doctor for anxiety and she sees a difference ever since I’ve been using it. -- April, Pennsylvania, USA
-Works in the latest OS X
- Fixed animations and a display bug in the User Interface when running under Mountain Lion
- Fixed an occasional Screen Saver install bug
- Minor cosmetic changes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Doesn’t like High Sierra
MacOS 10.13.1 (High Sierra) seems to have caused problems for My Living Desktop screen saver. When the screensaver activates, I get the audio, but I get a black screen. I have uninstalled the screensaver and reinstalled it without improvement.
Glitchy and Unrealiable
This application is a very good idea but not implemented very well. The application often interferes with the Desktop interface meaning I can’t interact with certain folders on my desktop when My Living Desktop is on. The interface in the My Living Desktop menu is glitchy and often does not work properly making it difficult to toggle certain scenes on and off. When making a collection the scenes enter the “folder” but also stay on the interface making organization impossible. This is the easiest way to get a video as your desktop but there are also cheaper and more reliable options out there. Do not recommend.
Get the original off the website!
So after being upset that the App Store version didn't offer the import feature I contacted the developer's site. He had explained that the App Store did not approve the import feature. Either way he hooked me up and the app works GREAT!!! Love it! Get it from the original developers site for the same price!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.