Start right now and take an active role in your mental health care. Use My Mental Health Crisis Plan to create your own psychiatric advance directive (also called a PAD) or mental health advance directive.
In just a few minutes, you can put a plan in place to guide your care in case of a mental health crisis.
COMPLETELY SECURE, FREE AND EASY TO USE
- CREATE your own personal PAD
- CHOOSE who to share your PAD with, such as your family or treatment team
- KEEP your PAD with you in the app, no matter where you are
- UPDATE and SAVE your PAD any time your preferences change
Includes instructions for making your wishes LEGALLY
WHY YOU SHOULD CREATE A PAD
- Take a more active role in your mental health care
- Make sure you are better prepared in case of a crisis
- Decide who are the contacts you trust to act on your behalf
- Share your choices with doctors and others who are part of your care team
DEFINE THE DECISIONS YOU WANT MADE DURING A MENTAL HEALTH CRISIS
- Emergency treatments that are acceptable, and those that are not
- Medications that work best for you, and those to avoid
- Physicians you prefer to handle your care, and who to avoid
- Facilities where you would like to receive care, and those where you do not want to go
- Who should make decisions on your behalf
My Mental Health Crisis Plan is developed and maintained by SMI Adviser. Learn more at SMIadviser.org/about.
SMI Adviser is funded by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) and administered by the American Psychiatric Association (APA).
Minor improvements and bug fixes.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Easy to use and helpful for anyone.
- American Psychiatric Association
- 68 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © American Psychiatric Association
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.