The new NASPA mobile app is a single download that gives you access to select NASPA events. Now you can easily create your own event schedule within the app, check out future sessions, learn about speakers, and navigate your way with interactive maps. The new NASPA mobile app is a one stop shop!
• Single Sign-On login option is now available.
• Based on feedback from our clients, the Title and Company fields have been separated and are now optional.
• Attendee social accounts have been redesigned and addressed. Slack Community and WeChat ID are all now available options.
• Chat group limit has increased from 24 to 100 members.
• Several bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Made the event a breeze for me.
Terrible User Experience
NASPA went with a new app provider this year, but this app is not suitable for an event of this magnitude.
First, the schedule interface is terrible. There is no way to search within the schedule and when you exit out of the schedule and back into it, instead of remembering your place or automatically scrolling to the current time, it defaults to the beginning again. The filtering feature behavior is incredibly tedious. If I want to only see sessions tagged with a certain filter, I have to toggle off 20 other filters one at a time. Why isn’t there a “select none” option? I gave up using the filters.
On the first day, the app started glitching for a lot of attendees. So much so that they ran out of printed booklets. The sessions I had added to the “my agenda” function started to disappear and random sessions would appear instead. The info booth explained the SocioLab servers had become overloaded, which begs the question as to why they hadn’t prepared for the digital traffic a 7000+ attendee event would bring.
On the second day, the “my agenda” function seems to be working again, however I can’t add new sessions to it. The app will hang forever with the spinning wheel of death and then crash when I try to add a session to my agenda.
I’ve resorted to deleting the app and reinstalling. I have never experienced this much bugginess in a conference app.
I’m here for NASPA 2019 and have had the buggiest experience with this app. I went without the book because I was confident in using the app, but I can’t even see who’s presenting each session unless it’s a sponsored one. It’s making my conference planning very difficult and I hope that you all fix these issues for next year. It’s frustrating because now I have to get a book to confirm which sessions will be most useful to me and my work.
The 2018 app worked much better in my opinion.
- National Association of Student Personnel Administrators, Inc.
- 79.6 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Italian, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Unrestricted Web Access
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © 2020 Socio Labs Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.