Read the electronic edition of your local newspaper on your iPhone or iPad. You can look at the actual printed pages of the newspaper or read headlines and stories along with related photos and video. Stay up to date with your local news while you’re on the go.
- Intuitive navigation.
- View headlines, stories, related photos and video.
- Refresh your view to see breaking news stories.
- Read and listen to stories.
- Weather provided by Weather Bug.
- Download and sync content to device via Wi-Fi or cellular network so you can read offline.
- Subscribe to one or more publications.
- The Stories tab displays the top news stories by section so you can read the full text or listen to it being read by a virtual newscaster.
- Email a story.
- Flip through, read and look at pictures within the actual newspaper pages of the printed publication.
- Publications Tab lets you read the previous edition of your downloaded publication or download the most recent edition.
- Search Tab lets you search for keywords within a headline or text of the stories.
Calendar control Copyright (c) 2009 Keith Lazuka. Licensed under the MIT license (http://www.opensource.org/licenses/mit-license.php).
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
Updated with iOS 10 support
Minor bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Needs active support
I’m disappointed that my hometown newspaper uses this app. It was last updated THREE YEARS ago?! I just uninstalled it because it is stuck on a date over a week ago (and shows only black for the pages), gives me an error message when I try to force it to today’s date. And, if I go to this company’s web version, it is only showing one section of today’s Sunday paper. I will definitely take it up with the newspaper, too, that they are collecting subscription money but using this lousy means of delivery.
Generally good, but buggy
I find the app to be good overall, but it has one defect I find particularly annoying. I read the My News on the Go edition of The Fort Wayne (IN) Newspapers Journal-Gazette, and refer to it below to illustrate the defect.
Whenever an article contains two dollar signs ($) within the same paragraph, the text version of the article in the “Stories” tab of the app is corrupted. Everything between two Dollar signs disappears from the text, joining the remaining sentence fragments together, generally with nonsensical results.
The 20 February 2020 e-edition article “Virtual schools fallout continues” provides a good example of the defect. In the 6th paragraph, beginning, “A State Board of Accounts review ...” everything between “$68.7 million” and the Dollar sign in $86 million” is missing from the text version of the article.
As you might, imagine, the defect impacts business stories especially hard. See the story “CHS doesn’t cut much from debt” in the Business section of the 20 February 2020 edition. This story contains multiple instances of the defect.
The defect only appears to affect text between two Dollar signs within the same paragraph. A paragraph break between two Dollar signs appears to interrupt the defect.
I hope this information is useful.
Can’t move between user name and password
I had to resetup my local paper. I can choose the paper, enter my email address but can move over into the password field. Once I enter my email address, the area for both set name and password disappears (hides)
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- 9.6 MB
- Requires iOS 6.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 6.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 6.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2016 Presteligence
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.