The NICU can be an overwhelming place. You most likely have questions and concerns: What can I expect when first entering the NICU? Who are all these people caring for my baby? What do I need to know before I take my baby home? Now help is at your fingertips during and after your stay with My NICU Baby App from March of Dimes. Download it to easily get the latest information to improve your family’s experience during what can be a stressful time and find helpful resources to stay on top of your baby’s progress.
March of Dimes is with you through every stage of the pregnancy journey, even when everything doesn’t go according to plan, providing support to all moms and babies when they need it.
Use My NICU Baby to:
• Learn about caring for your baby in the NICU and at home through videos and text
• Track your baby’s feeding and weight
• Track pumping and kangaroo care sessions
• Take photos and add filters
• Get ready to take your baby home with a customizable checklist
• Manage your own health with a postpartum visit questionnaire
• Keep track of health providers, your to-do list and questions with a notes feature
• Connect with other families through the App
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great app but
I love the app and how it keeps track of everything. But the only issue I have is when you start the time for your pumping sessions and your phone is on battery save or when your using other apps while pumping. The app will close and you don’t realize it until you have finished pumping for 30 minutes and you have to guess what time you finished pumping. It would be great if you could fix this.
Great resource but pretty buggy
I have used this app since my daughter started her NICU stay. Now, she is home and I still use it to track her feeding, my pumping, and her growth because I love being able to see her progress! The app does have a few issues:
1) crashing. Since upgrading to the new OS, the app crashes every time I try to input feeding data. It is about a 50/50 chance as to whether or not it saves the data. At 2am, having to input the same data over and over and over again is really frustrating.
2) breastfeeding tracking graph. It would be great if there was a way to choose which graphs you see first in the feeding tracker. Many moms with preemies (especially ones with oral sensitivities and breathing issues like mine) struggle to breastfeed and, yet, the app forces you to look at the breastfeeding tracker every time you go to log feedings. I cannot tell you how heartbreaking it is to see the lack of data on that graph every time I open it (in spite of months of effort). It would be great if you could hide certain ones or at least choose the order so you can focus on the positive.
3) login. There is currently no way to log into the app. This means the data is only saved in the phone. So, if your phone breaks, you’re SOL. It would be so sad to lose all of my kiddo’s growth data because my phone died. This also means that multiple people can’t track feedings. My husband and I do 50/50 duty, but he can’t record any of his data on his phone.
I love this app and use it every day! With a few tweaks, it could be a 5 star app.
- MARCH OF DIMES INC.
- 64.2 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © @ 2018 March of Dimes
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.