My Police Department 4+
Designed for iPad
The MyPD app improves communication between citizens and police.
Think of MyPD as a tool for your phone. It now provides over 50 features for the public to use.
Local, State, and College Police Departments, as well as other law enforcement agencies, are using this app to provide you with better service, improved access, and good communication.
The MyPD app is free to download and does not require you to sign in or sign up to use the app. You decide what data and information you want to share. We believe in giving you that option and you can see our full terms in the link here or on the app settings. We encourage you to check it out.
The latest version includes a totally new design with updated features. Some of those features include:
1) Push alerts with images, including twitter police department push messages.
2) Easy to use crime tip forms to send info to your agency
3) Local and national news feed focused on crime and police stories.
4) Useful information, links, and disaster resources
5) Federal resources and information on a variety of topics
5) National Weather Service Feeds, and alerts
6) Missing Children Updates and ways to send case tips
7) Active app users unlock badges as rewards. Top users have the option to connect with MyPD and their local agency and collaborate.
8) Over 50 total features are available, just download the app, choose your agency, and see the tools available to you.
9) You can even get the same police alerts on your home or work computer at mypolicedepartment.org
This app is not for emergency use or communication with law enforcement or for immediate response situations. Always dial 9-1-1 in the United States or Canada for any emergency situation.
"My Police Department" "MyPD" "WiredBlue" are Federally registered trademark of Wired Blue LLC.
- Performance improvements.
- Minor bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
New update wasn’t up to par
I was not able to restore my account and it is harder to get to what you need. Now there is all kinds of additional tabs that clutter up the app... liked the old version despite the few bugs.
Developer Response ,
Hi Tango Lima - Account restore is a brand new option and will work going forward, it will not restore anything from the past versions. Glad to hear you liked the old app but the design was dated and we needed to make it more modern and fix a lot of bugs. We hope the new version grows on you. Thanks for the feedback.
App no longer seems to work and don’t see updates available
I have the app running but it doesn’t do anything more than a charcoal screen with no info on it. Cannot find assistance on app to troubleshoot or find an update to help.
You need a back button. If you select something wrong then you have to close the app and start over. Once you select a city then your stuck with it. If you live in one city and work in another then you can view both if they utilize this service. Would be a great idea if it was more functional. Looking at the version history, it appears like someone is doing this app whenever they have time, because it rarely has updates. As is, it's a tough sell to a Chief or Sheriff.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Wired Blue LLC
- 23.5 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © Copyright - 2011 - 2019 WiredBlue LLC