Monitor the AQI from your own PurpleAir sensor from your iPhone, iPad, or watch. Use the app's simple screen, or, add a widget / complication to your Home Screen / watch face..
This app can only monitor a sensor on the same LAN as the watch or companion phone.
1. Enter your sensor’s IP address.
2. Add a app’s complication or widget to your home page to watch faces.
Data sharing between an iPhone/iPad and a companion watch:
1. In this version, only the sensor address is shared.
2. If one device has an address, but the other doesn't, then opening the app that doesn't have an address copies the address from the paired device.
a. If the address doesn't copy within a minute, close the app on both devices and restart them.
3. Changing address on the phone changes the address on the watch.
a. Changing the address on the watch does not change the phone, UNLESS the phone doesn't have an address.
b. So, if you want the addresses to be different, enter and address on the phone first, then enter one on the watch.
Air quality details: The app shows the PM2.5, "120 second average refreshed every 10 seconds" on the sensor's built in web page. It averages the A and B channels. Specifically, the pm2.5_aqi and pm2.5_aqi_b fields from the json API. You can see same numbers by pointing a browser at http://device_address/json
The app updates the AQI approximately every 15-20 minutes, or when you open the app or restart your watch. It can take a long time to update widgets/complications when reconnecting to a network. On iPhone/iPads with iOS version 16.4 or higher installed, the app is refreshable, that is, pulling down on the screen forces everything to refresh.
NOTICE: This app is not a product of PurpleAir, Inc.
Search for devices in the app. You no longer need to find the network address of your device by other means, the app can figure it out.
Ratings and Reviews
This is a great app that takes advantage of Purple’s LAN JSON access. The widgets are simple and convey exactly the info you’d expect. Since I only care about my home’s outdoor air quality when I’m home, this app solves my need of a Quick Look widget to know if I should delay or cancel outdoor activity like yard work. It’s nice to avoid use of WAN servers for a local sensor. Thank you!
Works great and free!
Thank you for making this app! It works exactly as described on both my phone and watch, and I finally have a local aqi complication on my watch. Much appreciated.
Our sensor can’t be seen from the house so a watch complication is a great solution, thanks!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Paul Demers
- 3.3 MB
- Requires iOS 15.6 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.6 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.6 or later.
- Requires macOS 12.5 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Apple Watch
- Requires watchOS 9.4 or later.
- Apple Vision
- Requires visionOS 1.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © (c) 2021-2024 Paul Demers