MyBible will help you study the Bible carefully and deeply. It will make the Bible more convenient to read, as you will always have it with you without the need of an Internet connection. Bible translations in more than three hundred languages are available, including the original texts and early translations in ancient Greek, ancient Hebrew, and Aramaic. In MyBible you also have commentaries, biblical dictionaries, thesauruses, daily devotions, and powerful tools to help them all work conveniently together.
Project description and additional information, including the modules format description, are available at http://mybible.zone
BIBLE TRANSLATIONS AND OTHER MODULES
MyBible provides non-copyrighted (public domain) Bible translations collected from different sources and converted into the MyBible format.
- Adjustable display of the Bible text, all chapters of a book (not just one chapter at a time); with or without verse numbering; highlighting of Jesus' words, night mode
- Two Bible windows with different translations; windows that automatically synchronize for the current position, but can also be used independently
- Fast search of the Bible text
- Bible text: convenient paging and scrolling, categorized bookmarks
- Built-in information on the correspondence of the "Russian" and "standard" numbering of verses in the book of Psalms, Job, and Song of Solomon (this provides for parallel reading of these books in Russian and in other languages)
- Copying of selected verses, copying of verses found as a result of search
1) Modules downloading functionality improvements:
⁃ To the list of hardcoded MyBible registry servers added an existing server that was missing there.
⁃ Fixed the Modules window appearance when a filter is applied: filtered out modules and groups no longer occupy any room.
⁃ Fixed the “My” (already downloaded) filter in the Modules window (it didn’t work before).
2) Prevented app crashes when trying to use modules that do not quite match the MyBible modules format spec.
3) Settings of showing Strong’s numbers are being applied immediately now - there is no longer a need to reload the app or to hide Strong's numbers and show them again to apply the changed settings.
Ratings and Reviews
Best public domain translations app?
One of the best free Bible apps imo for public domain translations and commentaries. The app is for me very functional and easy to use. You can even see translations in parallel :)
Features some historic and interesting translations and commentaries hard to find in other apps. As well as recent public domain Bible projects.
Appears without bias, featuring translations and commentaries from various perspectives. Though some of the old resources and commentaries may have outdated information, you might find some use from some of them. I would suggest researching translations and such before investing time.
There was even one translation I was surprised to find, who’s authors website has been down for years. They called it the Context Group Version. It takes into account the cultural insights of the Context Group scholars.
Would Like “Open to Random Verse” Option
I love this app- it’s a great in-depth study tool for those who really love digging into the word with Strong’s definitions + commentaries + multiple versions of the Bible. There’s two things I would like to see in this app, however. I used to have a Samsung galaxy but have switched to an iPhone- the version of MyBible available for my other phone had a feature where I could open to a random Bible verse, either the 1st verse of a random chapter, or a random verse in a random chapter. I loved this as this was my way of seeking God.
The second thing I would like to see is a NKJV. I see there used to be many versions of the Bible available but for some reason now many say something like “removed for potential copyright issues”. This was in both versions of the app. I love NKJV as it is easy for me to understand but also more in depth than BBE.
Love the app- it’s one of the best out there as it loads fast and there’s no ads, but would like to see these changes if possible
Most versatile Bible app
The app loads super quick and searching is just as fast. Love that the translations and searches are offline, and the simultaneous translation scroll feature as well as the ability to add your own modules(translations). Added a few manually that were no longer available. Took some work, but they work! The only feature I would like to see added is searching across all bible translations of the language searched.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Serhii Maksymenko
- 27 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, Arabic, Czech, French, German, Hindi, Hungarian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- © 2022 Denys Dolganenko