You visit the doctor and they give you a blood test report. Listed on their report are numerous results, reference ranges and HIGH/LOW warnings - very confusing isn't it? Am I healthy or should I be working on improving? You see, doctors only treat you for issues once you are outside of the normal blood test ranges.
myBloodTracker allows you to enter the test reference ranges and the blood test results into the logs screen easily. The entered value instantly turns green if the test result is in range and, more importantly, red if the result is outside of the normal test range. In addition, there is a description of the test and what it's typically used for.
History is helpful. With the simple touch of a button, all the tests are graphed and shown with previous entered test results. You can easily see if you are trending high or trending low. Based on these trends you can talk to your doctor about the best course of action to correct or maintain your health.
Privacy is important. All the test results are stored locally on your iPhone and/or iPad. They automatically synchronize to your computer using iTunes. No one can access your test results and graphs except you. Nothing is stored online for anyone to gain access to.
- Created by an engineer that actually uses this data to show and discuss with his doctor.
- Over 200 different blood tests can be entered.
- Each bloodtest can be customized to your lab company's minimum and maximum reference ranges.
- Bloodtest file can easily be transferred from one device to another using standard iTunes file copy/add function. No WiFi or Cellular data required.
- App can use European or USA bloodtest units that the user selects as they enter bloodtest maximum and minimum ranges. Note: The user can't intermix bloodtest units for each test.
- Instantly know if your test is inside or outside the range.
- Each graph can be detailed with custom date limits.
- Touch a graph data point and the date and value popups up to give user more details.
Ratings and Reviews
Very useful app. The interface needs some tweeking as it does take quite a bit of time to enter the data and adjust limits. A manual entry of data would be helpful as well in the event you want to track something not listed.
However, I was impressed when I got an email response in a very short amount of time from the developer.
A few bugs and not great for women
Changing the date is tedious. The min and max levels for the Thyroid panel and hormone level results can’t be changed and don’t allow fluctuations for menstruating women hence giving false highs and lows. It could be much easier to enter stuff but I love the charting function which is what I wanted.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for purchasing. You can customize ranges in the Settings tab under “Limits and Units”.
Great app-yrs of results in one place
Makes it easy to keep years of blood test results in one place. Graphs all the info so you can see if you are in or out of normal range. Especially good to track hormone levels. I use it so I can track levels when I feel great and check the levels when I don't. Love it.
- Mark Mazzeo
- 19.3 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Copyright © 2016 Mark Mazzeo (InTheDojo Enterprises)
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.