View your medical records, plan a visit, contact your care team, find a doctor, and more with the Northwestern Medicine app for iOS. The free MyNM health app offers an array of tools and resources for both Northwestern Medicine patients and visitors.
Manage Your Health:
MyNM is the secure patient app for Northwestern Medicine featuring MyChart integration. With MyNM, you can:
• Access your health information and lab results
• Securely message your physician via MyChart
• Schedule new appointments
• Request prescription refills
• View statements and pay your bill
• Login using your existing Northwestern Medicine MyChart credentials
• Track your health and fitness, include data from the Apple Health app when enrolled in self-tracking programs
Find Doctors and Locations:
We know how important it is to find the right healthcare provider. Whether you’re an existing Northwestern Medicine patient searching for a specialist or a prospective patient hoping to find a doctor in Chicago and throughout northern Illinois, we’re here to help.
• Search doctors by specialty, insurance carrier, language preferences, and more
• View detailed profiles for over 4,000 Northwestern Medicine physicians: locations, practice focus area, availability, and board certifications
• Quickly and easily locate nearby Northwestern Medicine locations, including Emergency Care and Urgent Care facilities
Access Visitor Resources:
• View parking and transportation options
• Access hospital maps and view on-site amenities
• View nearby hotels and lodging
The free MyNM app provides detailed information for hundreds of Northwestern Medicine Illinois locations, including hospitals, urgent care, cancer centers and rehabilitation.
We’re always working on improvements to MyNM. Version 1.21.3 contains:
- Fixed issues happening in Test results and Documents under My Health
- Implemented an FAQ to address high-volume inquiries
- Enhanced our Send Feedback process
- Added the ability to delete your MyNM account and a new Financial Assistance activity
- Enabled a single 844.NMBETTER centralized hospital number
- Minor bug fixes and updates to Find a Doctor
Please note: If you are a patient of a Palos Health location, please continue to use the Palos Health MyChart app to view your patient record until fall 2022, at which time Palos patient accounts will be converted to MyNM Accounts.
Ratings and Reviews
It’s far better than nothing. It’s probably limited most by MyChart, at best a clunky interface even on a desktop. However, iPhone app is most annoying for the poor integration with FaceID, as it only opens your collection of KeyChain passwords, instead of automatically loading the password. Then once selected from the long list manually, the password often loads very slowly, often causing me to think the app is stalled. Another annoyance is that the red alert icons don’t reset after reviewing a category. For example, currently the app suggests 3 billing issues as shown by the little, red circle, yet review shows all visits paid and account balance of $0.00. Similarly, I have persisting red indicators that haven’t reset in Tests and other categories, despite my full review of each category. Otherwise works okay and allows easy Rx refills.
Developer Response ,
Thanks so much for this feedback. We have Face ID integrated - have you enabled it the app yet? Sounds like you may just be using it for accessing your keychain, rather than actually logging in. To enable, log in with your password, then tap Settings from the menu (top left corner). Finally, tap MyChart Settings, then enable Face ID. If this doesn't fix things, we'd love to hear more: email us at MyNM@nm.org. As for the alerts - we are aware of the update issue, as well as some persistent alerts, especially on the billing icon. We're working to resolve the problem, and will have a new solution available soon, along with some better alert personalization options!
Beware - Communication Breakdowns and Confusion Guaranteed
The app is supposed to help with communication between a doctor’s office and patient, instead it creates an even bigger bureaucratic bottle neck than is already taking place at Northwestern Fertility Clinic. My experience has been that I have several extra steps each time I need to connect with the office: logging in each time (no ability for facial recognition), having a limited amount of sender options (I can’t email a nurse directly, only my doctor but they never respond directly), unresponsiveness (sometimes I have to wait days for an urgent question to be answered) and runaround from the office (when I call the office they tell me to send a MyChart message) and when I send a MYChart message I see that someone has read it but not responded.
The app does have some good UI elements: easy to find the message, billing and results sections. The bones are there for it be a great app with a little consideration for the patient experience. I don’t have insight into what the doctors and nurses see on their end, but it seems like there could be some better designs in place to help connect the two sides. Get a UX expert, it’ll be well worth it and save a lot of time, frustration and patient retention.
Developer Response ,
Hello- we're sorry you're having trouble with MyNM. Face ID is available - click the gear icon on the menu to visit the app's settings and turn it on. It sounds like the other issues pertain more to an issue at the clinic you visit, so this feedback has been passed along to the manager of the Fertility Clinic. If you'd like for someone to respond to you directly, please email us at MyNM@nm.org so that we can communicate with you personally.
Can’t book appointments with doctors
They have the most convoluted process of trying to book an appointment with a doctor which, aside from a few tiny edge cases, always results in being denied an appointment. When you are denied you’re told to call the office but give no phone number on that screen to call. When you do find a phone number in the app you can’t tap it to dial it nor can you copy it out to paste into the phone app. I had to take a screenshot of the phone number and type it in manually to dial.
They have a doctor finder which is great, but you can never book anything with a doctor you found. From a doctor’s page in the app, tapping “Request an Appointment” dumps you out to Their generic request web form in Safari. No query parameters are in the url, nothing about the doctor you spent all that time trying to find is passed into that webpage. This web page then prompts you for all the info you’ve already entered into the NM app, wasting everyone’s time, only to be told you’ll be contacted in 2 days.
This app is nothing more than a gatekeeper preventing people from getting the care they need.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- User Content
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- NORTHWESTERN MEMORIAL HEALTHCARE
- 169.6 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Norwegian Bokmål, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- 17+ Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2018 by Northwestern Medicine® and Northwestern Memorial HealthCare. MyNM® and Northwestern Medicine® are trademarks of Northwestern Memorial HealthCare, used by Northwestern University.