Turn your mobile device into a baby monitor with the mydlink Baby Camera Monitor app. The app allows you to view, configure, and control your compatible D-Link baby camera using your mobile device. View your baby camera’s live video no matter where you are, record video or take a snapshot of the live feed, or receive notifications when motion, crying, or a change in temperature is detected. This app also supports two-way audio, so you can use your mobile device to listen to live audio from your baby camera, or broadcast audio to the camera’s built-in speaker.
- View live video on your mobile device wherever you have an Internet connection.
- Connect directly to your baby camera for convenient local operation. No Internet connection required!
- Receive notifications when your baby camera detects motion, crying, or a change in temperature.
- Configure and adjust settings for your baby camera.
- Two-way audio allows you to not only to listen to live audio, but also talk back via the camera’s speaker.
- Keep an eye on every detail with up to 4x digital zoom.
This app is compatible with the following models: DCS-825L, DCS-820L, DCS-855L, DCS-850L, DCS-700L, DCS-800L.
Mydlink Baby Camera Monitor officially supports iOS 7 or higher
*Wi-Fi or 3G/4G/LTE connection required to view live feed remotely.
Version 3.02.00 is now available for download, details of the updates in v3.02.00 are as follows:
1) Remove unnecessary QR-Code scan option
2) Support designated built-in lullaby
3) Change default setting of background audio to Enabled
4) Change default setting of Mutual chat mode of two way audio to Enabled
Ratings and Reviews
This App Update is Awful
This app update is NOT an improvement over the other version. On the last version, the sound and video both lagged, but it was manageable. With this update, I’m lucky if the app can find my camera at all. Most of the time, I only get the option to add a local camera, even though mine is turned on and connected to my home WiFi.
IF it finds my camera (and that a big IF), loading it is an entirely different fiasco. Most of the time, I just get the loading wheel for 30 seconds or so and get sent back to the select camera screen.
After multiple tries, I’m usually (but not always) able to load my camera. When I do, the video and sound are laggier than they were before. You guys have some SERIOUS work to do on the app.
When parents by a video baby monitor, they want one that will give them peace of mind and the ability to check in on their sleeping kiddos without risking waking them by opening their door, but with this app update, I usually have to go into the room anyway because it either isn’t working or doesn’t work so often that I don’t trust what I’m seeing. In my opinion, you shouldn’t market this app/device as a baby monitor until it’s reliable enough to be used as such.
Wish I hadn’t updated to the latest version
We use the DLink baby camera/monitor and app. Just downloaded the new version of the app and while the new interface is slick and offers the option for enhanced picture quality (720p), we lost two valuable features from the old app. First, you can now no longer hear sound when the app is not actively displayed on the iPhone screen. (For example, if you try to toggle to another app or lock the screen to just listen to the room noise without video, the sound goes off— major problem for us.) Secondly, we depended heavily on the pre-loaded lullabies in the other app (#4 worked like a charm!) Whenever the baby would start to stir, we would use one of these to trigger him to go back to sleep. Please please bring these features back! We’re awaiting baby #2 and we were planning to continue to use our My D Link Monitor, but the loss of these two features are deal-breakers and we will switch to another monitor for the new baby if not fixed.
Improved UI, worse performance
The new ui looks much better and makes a lot more sense. Though in my opinion could still be a little simpler. Feels like an app from 2018 (notice I didn’t say 2019) rather than the older version that hadn’t had a visual refresh for like 4 years, that being said, a LOT of bugs have been introduced. Here’s some of my bugs/ feature requests
1. Please default to local WiFi connection on the app instead of remote, it saves a lot of bandwidth for those of us with data caps (even on LAN)
2. When I try to open my local camera, I have to click to open it multiple times before it actually connects and shows the the stream. It almost always connects to the remote first time, but local is seriously lacking in its ability to connect
3. MOST IMPORTANT! The audio quits the app as soon as I lock my phone. This kinda defeats the purpose of having a baby cam that I can listen to my child at all times, not just receive push notifications. Audio should persist even after I’ve locked my phone or switched apps.
I’ve kept an old iPad on the old version because that’s the only way we can keep the audio going all night and hear what’s going on in the kids room. While that app felt and and still relatively buggy, it’s more stable than this new version.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- D-Link International PTE LTD
- 88.3 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
English, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2019 D-Link Coroporation
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.