MyDraw is an advanced diagramming software and vector graphics drawing tool. This diagram software includes powerful features to help you create flowcharts, org charts, mind maps, network diagrams, floor plans, family tree diagrams, general business diagrams, drawings, and others.
Following are the major features of the application:
• MS Visio Compatibility - MyDraw is the best Microsoft Visio alternative for macOS (Mac OS X). You can use it to view, edit and save your Visio Drawing (VSDX) and Visio 2003-2010 Drawing (VSD, VDX) files. MyDraw can also be used as a Visio viewer. You can also import and export Visio Stencils (VSSX) and Visio 2003-2010 Stencils (VSS, VSX).
• Familiar UI - the user interface uses the familiar Ribbon UI that you recognize from the MS Office Suite.
• Support for Themes and Shape styles.
• 100+ Diagram Examples and Templates - the software includes many ready-to-use templates for flowcharts, organizational charts, flyers, certificates & business cards, family tree diagrams, and many other diagram types.
• 700+ Diagram Shapes and Symbols - more than 700 predefined shapes organized in 25 shape libraries. You can directly drag and drop them into your drawings. MyDraw also lets you create your own custom shapes.
• Visio-like "smart" shapes - MyDraw provides support for dynamic diagram shapes based on formulas.
• Powerful Drawing Tools - MyDraw comes with a large set of drawing tools which help you easily create any shape you need and style it to match your company's corporate identity or your personal demands. You can freely draw shapes using the NURBS tool (i.e. freehand drawing), or use the composing functions (Union, Intersect, Subtract, and Exclusive Or) to create new shapes from the basic ones. Additionally, you can combine simple shapes into groups and create advanced complex shapes. Save them in your own library for future reuse and edit them at any time.
• Advanced Printing and Export Options. MyDraw can export your diagrams to a wide range of raster (PNG, JPEG, and BMP) and vector images (EMF, SVG, DXF) as well as to PDF.
• Automatic Diagram Layouts - the diagram comes with lots of automatic layouts to help you quickly arrange your diagrams. Each layout type provides many options that let you customize the layout to your specific requirements.
• Powerful Rich Text Support - the diagramming software has powerful support for rich text and text formatting. You have full control over the text font, text styles, paragraph alignment, bullets and numbering, images, etc.
• Advanced Table Support - support for tables with master cells, multi-cell selection, text orientation, etc.
• Spell Check and Proofing Languages - MyDraw includes a Spell Checker which is compatible with Open Office dictionaries (Hunspell Spell Check Dictionary .OXT files). You can change the proofing language
• Import of map data from ESRI shapefiles.
• Support for creating and inserting in your diagrams more than 30 types of linear (1D) and matrix (2D) barcodes like EAN-13, UPC, UPC-A, Code-39, Code-128, ISBN, PDF417, Data Matrix, QR Code, etc.
• User Interface Localization - you can switch the user interface to a preferred language. English, Bulgarian, Chinese, Portuguese, Russian and Spanish are currently supported.
• GEDCOM Format Family Trees - the software supports importing from and exporting to GEDCOM format. This makes it the perfect tool for drawing family tree diagrams.
• Mail Merge - MyDraw comes with built-in mail merge functionality. Create your diagram, insert a merge field and connect your diagram to a contact database. When the fields are matched you can select to either save copies of your diagram or each value of your database or to directly send emails to all recipients.
• The same application is also available for Windows with exactly the same features and functionality, which makes it easy to edit your diagrams on a Windows machine when you need to.
The new version introduces improvements in the diagram drawing, user interface, and the Mac experience. Following is a detailed list of the new features in this release:
- Sidebar added at the right side of the MyDraw window to allow users to quickly style shapes.
- Support for multiple MyDraw windows – you can now right-click on MyDraw‘s icon in the dock and open a new window. You can also copy / paste / drag and drop content between multiple windows.
- Support for shape shadows.
- Visio import and export improvements.
- Export of tables as grouped shapes in Visio.
- Quick access toolbar added to the ribbon with an option to customize the items in the toolbar.
- The palette color picker in color dialogs is replaced with a more user-friendly hexagon color picker.
- Color pickers across the UI are replaced with theme color pickers so that changing the theme of the page can affect the coloring of the shapes.
- Improved image export dialog
- Various bug fixes and other improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
As a longtime Visio user, I have been forever looking for a Mac based alternative. By far this is the closest I have found to a Mac version of Visio. There are a number of things I would like to see that are baked into Visio that are not here such as a picture fill on a shape. Another issue is that only a single document interface is used, which prevents copying and pasting between documents easily. The company has shown a great interest in implementing customer suggestions. I hope for continued improvement, but it is the best Visio replacement to date for the Mac. They would do well to implement Mac OS standards as the program displays two menu bars, which could get confusing although one is for selecting tabs in their version of Microsoft ribbons.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.