This OrCam MyEye 2 Companion App, connects to an OrCam MyEye 2 device via Bluetooth and enables access to certain features of the OrCam MyEye 2 device using an iPhone.
Features supported in this app are:
1) Battery Indicator - An image that shows the battery charge percentage of your OrCam device.
2) "Find" - When the OrCam MyEye is powered on and connected, press on the MyEye image to make your device beep.
3) "Learn"- Quick access to MyEye 2 tutorials (from the OrCam website).
4) "Settings" - Easily access and change the settings of your OrCam device through the app, in real time. This includes; connecting to a WiFi network, setting reading rate, setting reading language and much more!
5) "Control" - Seamlessly activate, fast forward/rewind and pause/resume your OrCam device when reading any text, all in real time and via a simple panel with 4 buttons: Play/Stop, Pause/Resume, Fast Forward and Rewind. In addition, the panel includes a volume bar for quick access to volume control.
The app is compatible with iOS Accessibility and Voiceover modes.
More about OrCam MyEye
OrCam MyEye (by OrCam Technologies) is the most advanced wearable assistive technology device for people who are blind and visually impaired. OrCam MyEye instantly reads text, recognizes faces, identifies products, money notes, colors, and more using advanced AI technology. Cutting-edge technology that is simple and intuitive, OrCam MyEye can easily be used by children, adults, and the elderly alike. It’s small, lightweight, and magnetically mounts onto virtually any eyeglass frame.
For more information about OrCam MyEye, visit orcam.com.
* This app is a companion app for OrCam MyEye 2 users and requires an OrCam MyEye 2 device running software version 8.2.81 and up.
Ratings and Reviews
Liked the app until I changed my email address
I liked the app until I changed my email address. Before I changed my email address I was having connectivity issues with my OrCam device and the app. The app would ask for a confirmation code and I would go to check my email to get the code and my OrCam device would keep disconnecting. I recently changed my email address and I tried to connect my OrCam again because it got disconnected somehow. When it asked for a confirmation code I couldn't get the code because it was sent to my old email address that I don't use anymore. I tried reinstalling the app to see if it would work but it didn't and the confirmation code was sent to my old email address again. Now I can't use the app anymore. Suggestions?
Several missing critical features
Firstly, the app fails to automatically connect to my OrCam even when the phone is right next to the OrCam for long periods of time, and there’s no “refresh” button in the app to make it try and search again.
Secondly, my Bluetooth headset drops connection to the OrCam constantly. I don’t yet know if this is an error with my headset or the OrCam... but if Bluetooth Settings was a actually a menu item in the app then I could reconnect quickly, instead of the 22-step process required to refresh the BT connection directly from the eyepiece.
Add Bluetooth Settings to the App, please!
The new “Hey Orcam” voice commands are useless due the app not being accessible for pairing if your email has changed. I am now unable to activate this undated voice command feature
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- OrCam Technologies LTD.
- 35.7 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- 2017 © Copyright OrCam