MyHOME Scr.APP.book lets you quickly capture images, descriptions, bar codes and serial numbers of your prized possessions. The app organizes information room by room and even creates a back-up file for email sharing. It is great for determining how much insurance you really need and for filing a claim. For more information on this and other insurance concerns, go to http://www.InsureUonline.org.
Built in iOS 11 compatibility revisions.
Ratings and Reviews
Good if You Own 2 Items!
The idea of the app is a good one. I recently had to go through a new insurance company and worked with their house inspector who was very detailed. This app falls short in significant areas.
1) Insurance pays for each book one price for hardback and one for paperback. This app would have you take a photo of each book! Unless you are seriously OCD this is most likely not going to happen. An insurance company will accept ONE photo of your complete book case. From the photo you can count & see each book and title. Same with items in a drawer. ONE photo is good enough. Of course the bookshelf & drawers need to organized so that you can see what's in there!! If you had lots & lots of books you might have to photograph by shelf. Same concept for a living room, bedroom, den etc.
2) It would be helpful if the app had a scan feature for receipts for single items rather than manually entering each line.
3) Some items you might want a list of each -- especially if you are a collector of say music or rare books, wine or whatever. In all fairness the inventory apps seem to specialize per category. This just becomes overly complicated.
4) Where is the back up features? Where are the export features? Do they really expect me to enter everything I own manually and they have no backup safeguards? Or is the insurance adjuster suppose to borrow my phone?
This app requires that everything must be photographed individually and manually enter each line item. This is NOT how technology should work as technical solutions are suppose to **improve** a pen & paper approach. This is WHY the app is *not* popular. Like most of the apps that claim to be home inventory they are just not flexible or well thought out.
I would of used the app had it contained these important features BUT for now it's just a DELETE…
Great for insurance
As a claims adjuster I can't say enough about how handy this is. Having to sit down and list out what you owned and then try to find something to document proof of ownership to substantiate your claimed loss is the last thing you want to do after a home loss. Be prepared with this app and save time and stress. Seriously, do it.
Can’t view horizontally
Any app developed for iPad, which can’t be viewed horizontally is an immediate no go for me. It’s amateurish at best. I won’t invest my time in an app that the developers won’t invest their time in.
Also, since it’s designed by an insurance company, the fax page is almost completely geared towards contacting your insurance agent and buying more insurance. There is no help for the app itself. Absurd.
- National Association of Insurance Commissioners
- 9.5 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 National Association of Insurance Commissioners
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.