The Carrier Infinity® control can direct an entire advanced home comfort system to let you precisely manage comfort, humidity, ventilation and air purification from one source. It even makes scheduling a breeze.
Manage your Infinity® control system remotely with MyInfinity Touch.
- Bug fixes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Why all the problems??
After spending a considerable amount of money for a new Carrier system, the best available from Carrier, I was at first pleasantly surprised with the Touch thermostat that came with the system. The pleasant part of that did not last long. I had to quit using my Nest thermostat to go with this one and this app. Unfortunately, this thermostat does not work very well. The problem is all appear to be software-based. Changing the temperature temporarily is not nearly as easy as it is with a Nest thermostat. When I make a temporary temperature change with this thermostat, it never seems to work correctly afterwards.
One would think that it would pick up on the schedule where it left off, but it always seems to have problems. After using it for nearly 2 months now, it appears to just randomly pick some portion of the schedule and go from there. There is no reason this thermostat not function properly. I am very disappointed with Carrier for not putting any effort into making this thermostat function properly. I need to upgrade another system in my house and I’m not sure that I want to go with another Carrier system simply because their thermostat is so bad. I would highly recommend trying one of these really bad thermostats in your home before spending the money for one of Carrier’s high end systems. Hopefully Carrier will address the problems with their thermostats.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your feedback regarding the MyInfinity Touch mobile app. We understand that there are certain interface challenges and we have made it a top priority to find a resolution. As a customer-centric company, our number one goal is to provide services and products that are reliable and easy to use. And a key objective of ours is to deliver a digital experience that matches the comfort and efficiency performance of our equipment.
To that end, with your feedback and others, we have been retooling the app’s infrastructure and working diligently to enhance the customer experience. Please rest assured, we will launch a proper solution for the MyInfinity app shortly. Thank you for your patience.
.......................................................................................................................................................If you are interested in participating in our early adopter program, please email us at ResDigital@carrier.com
Most unreliable app in the market
I paid over $10,000 of hard earned money to have a top of the line Infinity system installed in my house. I was saddened to learn that Nest didn’t work with the system. I figured for a top of the line product their own technology would be suitable enough. I’m coming up on 2 years owning the system. The app has worked maybe 6 months of this time. It didn’t work out if the gate. Spent time with the heating company and Carrier direct trying to troubleshoot. An app update finally got it working. But you always had to enter the change you wanted then hit “refresh”. About a month ago it just stopped working again. No matter what you do, anything you input into the app never hits the system. The worst part is on the app it looks like it did... but the furnace never locks on. It’s not even an issue of someone else inputting something on the wall unit and over riding the remote command. Unless my dogs learned to stand up and press buttons is impossible. Very disappointed and had I known this MAJOR FLAW I likely would have purchased a completely different heating and cooling system and stuck with Nest. Very disappointed in Carrier for not hiring developers and programmers to get a reliable app in the market. Come on!
Ok- could be more simple
The app is just ok. I haven’t had any major issues that I couldn’t work thru on my own. There a couple of issues I wish would be fixed/changed:
1) when you make a change a to the schedule or temp via the app. The change will not execute on the thermostat unless you click into the menu and then click back- like a “done” button but your literally changing pages to execute the change you just made. This is the biggest complaint. I had 2 WiFi Honeywell thermostats and when you changes anything via the app - the change was made in the wall unit simultaneously. No done button, no changing pages. Carrier needs to fix this.
2) I now have 3 carrier WiFi thermostats. The way the app handles/ lists multiple locations is bad. First, when you open the app, whatever location you have listed first on the MyInfinitytouch website is what will show when you the app. Unfortunately for me that location was is the least used thermostat, but I installed it 2 yrs ago so it was first. If you multiple locations, when open the app - the app should first show the locations from which to choose...OR carrier should allow to change the order in which the locations appear on the MyInfinitytouch website. The way it is now is terrible.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Carrier Corporation
- 54.5 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 United Technologies Corp. Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.