Welcome to the myKIDZworld!
myKIDZworld is an organisation that accepts the challenges associated with social media and has developed a unique approach to introducing young children to the online world. Our social media platform puts you in control of your child’s profile and creates a closed network for your child to explore. Visit our website here to learn more: www.mykidzworld.com
The 'myKIDZworld' app is a family friendly social media app controlled by parents to provide a safe closed social network for young people to have fun under adult supervision. It is designed as a learning tool to build resilient and respectful online behaviors before using open forms of social media with minimum ages of thirteen plus.
Our 'Golden Rules' for online safety are embedded in the app to ensure a safe learning environment for your family. As a person with parental responsibility:
- You build their network of friends by sending and accepting friend requests.
- You mediate posts and content by hiding and deleting content you are not happy with.
- You moderate their time in the App by specifying how long and when they can use it.
- The closed network you build means no online strangers.
- This network has no ‘fake news’, inappropriate content or marketing.
What can adults do in the App?
- Create your myKIDZworld family account.
- Add your children.
- Set their profile to remove features you are not happy for them to use.
- Add other supporting adults as 'linked adults' (spouse, guardian other family members)
- Set up your child's network by connecting 'real' friends through other parents.
- Monitor their exchanges online by hiding and deleting messages and content.
- Send badges to reward good behavior.
- Set tasks and reminders to promote organisational skills.
- Add your child to groups to boost their social circle.
- Limit their time on the app to prevent frustration.
What can your child do in the App?
- Post to their ‘My News’ for all their friends to see.
- Send each other badges.
- Privately message each other.
- Request play-dates through parents.
- Join groups.
- Learn organisational skills.
- Change the theme of the App.
Visit our YouTube Channel here:
Read more about getting started here:
Create your account here:
- Insight Discovery (UK) Limited
- 30.6 MB
- Social Networking
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Catalan, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © (c) Insight Discovery (UK) Limited 2018
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.