myLightMeter PRO 4+
The reliable light meter
Designed by a photographer for photographers, focused on RELIABILITY and PRECISION for digital and analog photography.
• Extended sensitivity as low as -2/-4EV (dark scenes)
• Two different convenient interface designs.
• Incident and reflected light metering modes.
• Save exposure data.
• f/Tools connection.
• Independent calibration for the two metering modes.
• Independent selection of aperture, speed, ISO and exposure compensation with 1/3 resolution. From 4 minutes to 1/8000 sec., aperture from 1.0 to 512 and iso from 3 to 6400.
• Automatic priority for aperture or speed. (Automatic Av and Tv modes).
• Automatic ISO or locked ISO options.
• Point metering in camera view.
• Maximum aperture limited by the selected lens.
• Calculate the average of any number of measurements you want.
• Read the exposure data of any photo from the gallery.
• Calculate hyperfocal distance for 5 memorized lenses. Which also blocks maximum aperture.
• Memory for 5 lenses with maximum aperture, focal length and film/sensor size for calculating hyperfocal distance and aperture.
• Hyperfocal distance also for infrared light. (IR button)
• Exposure value EV on an analog scale or right up front.
• Two LED indicators show whether the measurement is unreliable due to lack of light in the scene, or if we have under 30% battery left.
• On 3.5 " displays preset lens buttons tilting the device or tapping at the bottom.
• Be advised that accurate incident light reading needs a diffuser attached to the front camera. Without the diffuser still can be used but think about it, it will be a reflected reading taken with the front camera.
I'm an independent photographer/designer/developer and am very grateful for your support. Trying to do the best lightmeter app ever, a lot more to come. You can ask for any improvement and I'll be happy to help. This app is constantly reviewed and improved because it is my tool, if you have any questions or suggestions feel free to contact me by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
A little change to make Ken's life easier
Ratings and Reviews
Long Exposure Life Saver
I wanted to wait until I got my film back before reviewing this app. I absolutely love the design of it and handling it is a breeze. Most importantly though it WORKS. I am a film photographer who shoots landscapes and waterfalls. Long exposure for waterfalls needs an accurate meter reading. I took a chance on a $4 app before burning $200+ on a real meter and it paid off. I got accurate and *consistent* exposures across 3 different lenses and 4 different film stocks. I wish I could include the photos this app helped produce in the review because it is spectacular. Easy to use in the field with instant results and high sensitivity to lighting changes. I am very pleased and so thankful someone put this out there for such a low price. ***I would like to point out that, when compared to my camera’s self meter, it’s results were less accurate indoors. If you mainly shoot portraiture or indoor scenes I can’t speak to how accurate it will be for that, but I give it a 10/10 for natural light
I was a little Leary when I first found this app. I wondered how a camera phone and software could accurately measure light. After all, physical light meters are quite expensive. However after reading the reviews and looking at just a few dollars for the app, I decided to pull the shutter! I am not disappointed!!
As soon as it was downloaded, I set up three different product shots in my studio. I measured the different lighting using Led always-on lights and then switched out to 2 strobes. The accuracy of this app blew me away! Out of three setups and several images captured, None were off the mark. Thank you for creating this app. I am so glad I found it!
Handier than my Gossen Luna Pro
I use a 1955 Rolleicord V when I shoot film (Ilford HP5 - 400). I like to carry as few things as possible - just the camera - and I would often leave my light-meter behind when I went out to shoot, relying on having memorized the “Sunny 16” rule to determine my exposure settings.
I bought this meter after trying the free version. I always have my iPhone in my pocket, and this apps blend of features and skewmorpic similarity to a meter I am familiar with is just great.
I’m quite pleased with all the features and settings and look forward to having the meter handy always. Thanks!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- David Quiles
- 40.4 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- ©2012-2022 David Quiles Amat
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.