The official replacement for TrainTime is now available from the MTA Long Island Rail Road! Find all your LIRR commuting tools in one place in this new app.
• Real-Time Train Tracking (updated every 3 seconds!): Now integrated and improved. See exactly where your train is, when it will arrive at your station, and track it throughout your trip.
• Train Cars & Types: Before you board, see how many cars your train has today, and its type (M3, M7, M9, C3 double decker).
• Trip Planner: Check train schedules ahead of time. See the best route, including all official connections.
• Planned and Unplanned Service Updates: Get the latest service information directly on the map to help you make travel decisions.
• Service Status: Want to know if something is happening on your branch? Check it here.
• Use eTix? One tap access to view or purchase new tickets.
• View fare information, track and platform assignments.
We encourage your feedback as our team is currently working on new features to add. We're always here to chat! Reach us at email@example.com.
• Searching for trips is much faster and the app is generally much more responsive
• Set favorite stations in the “More” tab
• Support for special service trips including shuttle service
• Refined look of the trip details screen, including new look for intermediate stops
• Several other bug fixes and improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great app!! MyMTA can learn a thing or two from these devs
Big cudos to these developers. This is exactly what commuters have been looking for. Information is easily accessible, very well designed, responsive, and features don’t feel buried like the myMTA app.
I hated the myMTA app because it felt too cluttered and it never gave accurate times. This app is great because it’s simple. You put in your Station then add your destination station. And then it shows you the train times.
I would love to see live train tracking added in the future (like on a map) but overall this app is really awesome as it is. I’ll recommend this to other commuters and my team at work. Thank you!
Developer Response ,
Really glad you like it! Any more feedback, feel free to email us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Best App for the LIRR
This app is great for traveling on the LIRR lines. It tells you where trains are located in real time and follows the trips all the way from start to finish. It also gives you information of what kind of train it is, how many cars there are, and which cars have a bathroom. Alerts on service statuses are provided for you and it could give you the nearest stations that are closest to you. I really like using the app and helps me know when trains are close by and how far they are if there are delays. I recommend this app for all LIRR travelers. Looking forward to more updates in the future.
The old app was terrible. Slow, difficult to navigate, and just as unreliable as the LIRR.
The new app is substantially better. It provides real-time data and presents it in a much nicer way. It’s easy to find the train you’re looking for and track it. No more standing on a cold platform reading inaccurate estimates on the arrival board of when my train is going to arrive. The service status is helpful and easy to read.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.