GOLD WINNER OF USA & UK 2015 APP DESIGN AWARDS FOR "BEST FAMILY APP."
MAKING VIOLIN PRACTICE EASIER
Created by violin teachers and performers, MyOngaku is a licensed video practice aid for the Suzuki® Method designed to help beginning Suzuki violin students and their parents make the most of practice time. Used along with Suzuki Violin School, Volume 1 sheet music, MyOngaku helps students stay in time, play the right notes, and maintain correct posture, rhythm, fingering and bowing. Students can listen and watch as accomplished musicians perform the music, then imitate how a piece sounds and looks. They can play along to sections of music at a slow tempo, then play along to the complete piece at an intermediate tempo.
HOW IT WORKS
Simply point the camera of your device at your Suzuki sheet music page.* MyOngaku instantly recognizes the page and provides immediate access to video demonstrations by professional violinists playing the specific pieces of music on that page. Just tap an “MyO” icon to view a video.
- Includes over 500 high quality video demonstrations designed to facilitate learning and playing along.** Choose from short sections of music performed at a slow tempo and complete pieces performed at an intermediate tempo.
- Select from performances by three talented Violin Volume 1 performers: Amelia Gold, Dan Dery and Koen Rens. Choose one musician to watch and learn, or watch performances by all three for a broader perspective and style diversity.
- Videos include key learning points for the music to help focus student practice.
- Note-by-note annotation provides note names and fingering to help learn and play the right notes.***
- A front performer view synchronized with an in-set finger view allows easy observation of both bowing and fingering, and provides a visual reference for posture, finger placement, and bow hold, strokes, and directions.
WHAT PARENTS SAY
“As a non-violin-playing mother, this app has been of enormous benefit to me in aiding my children to progress. It makes it easy, efficient and fun!”
“Now that we use the app, we cannot imagine practicing without it!”
“The app has helped me structure my child's practice time in a way that I could not do before. Our practice time is much more productive and enjoyable.”
FROM PEOPLE WITH A PASSION
Music and teaching are our passions. At Ongaku Learning, we are teachers, performers, music enthusiasts, and parents, and we believe music learning should be a rewarding experience. With the launch of MyOngaku, we are proud to offer Suzuki students and parents a new way to practice and enjoy music learning, and to offer teachers an aid to help students make the most of practice time. We hope you give the app a try and let us know what you think! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*MyOngaku - Violin Volume 1 works with:
Suzuki® Violin School, Volume 1, Violin Part, Revised Edition
ISBN 13: 978-0-7390-4811-5 / ISBN 10: 0-7390-4811-2
ISBN 13: 978-0-7579-0061-7 / ISBN 10: 0-7579-0061-5
**The complete content is 875.6 MB. Please be patient during the download process and ensure you have sufficient space on your device before downloading. Once downloaded, all videos are instantly available, with no streaming required.
***This app uses ABC notation.
This work represents the view of its author, and does not necessarily represent the view of the International Suzuki Association (ISA) or its regional associations. These materials are not intended to replace authorized Suzuki® Method teacher training or study with a qualified Suzuki teacher. Musical notations from Suzuki Violin School © 1978, 2008, ISA. All rights reserved. The Suzuki® name is a trademark of ISA used under license.
© 2015-2019 Ongaku Learning SA. All rights reserved.
Bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
This program worked great until I used my AirPods with it one day. Then it didn’t play any sounds through the onboard speakers after I disconnected the AirPods and turned off Bluetooth. I didn’t have any sound problems with other programs. I recently learned how to turn the speakers back on from my son who is an iPad expert. Just drag down on the top right corner of the screen and click on the bell icon. This is a fantastic program and I recommend it highly to anyone wanting to learn how to play the violin. I would also recommend this for violin teachers who use the Suzuki method.
P.S. I believe updates have eliminated the Bluetooth problems.
This is a wonderful app! Love it!
How it works: You scan the picture of the page and you have the option of choosing from 1 of 3 teachers (2 male and 1 female) to see a video of how they play next to an up close video of their fingers pressing the strings on fingerboard (with fingerboard tapes). You can switch between violin players.
What I like:
1. It isn't just the songs on book 1, it also includes the exercises in the book, like those found on page 44.
2. You have the option to see the entire song played or a separate video of a section of the song where you get tips and can see slowed down version of just that specific section.
How it could improve:
Make a piano version.
Make other Suzuki book versions.
Add an option to document when and how long you've practiced.
Add option for practice reminders.
Add option to win points or something for practicing.
This product is so amazing. Our daughter is no longer frustrated in between lessons! It's a perfect tool for parents and students alike.
- Ongaku Learning SA
- 138.6 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2015-2019 Ongaku Learning SA
- In-App Purchases
- MyOngaku - Violin Volume 1: Get the complete content $15.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.