Stop hunting for your mouse! Work with ease and precision.
myPoint combines three tools in one - mouse locator, crosshair and mouse halo.
• Momentary mouse locator is a visual effect active up to a few seconds. It can be an animated or static ring.
• Permanent mouse locator is a static ring only.
• Permanent crosshair displays two thin lines across the mouse position.
• Permanent mouse halo highlights the mouse cursor using an image around it. A free online halo gallery is available.
• New show mouse buttons feature.
All tools are highly customizable. They are visible above all other applications.
Mouse Locator reveals the mouse cursor position with a gently animated or static ring.
- Hotkey combination.
- Single modifier key.
- Mouse gesture.
- Mouse crosses between screens.
- Mouse hits screen borders.
- Mouse moves after a period of inactivity.
- Mouse click & drag.
- Momentary or permanent.
- Show mouse buttons.
- Colors and opacity.
- Size and thickness.
- Animated or static.
- Animation speed and repetition.
• The locator module can be disabled.
Crosshair displays two thin lines across the mouse position.
• Visible on all monitors or only on the monitor with the mouse pointer.
• Customizable performance, gauge, color, transparency, center, and offset from the mouse.
• Hotkey to toggle the tool.
Mouse Halo is a permanent image around the mouse cursor. The classic halo is a ring surrounding the cursor. However, any image can be used as a halo source. Even more, the image can be positioned aside the cursor. A free online halo gallery is accessible from the preferences panel - an easy way to import new halos. The user can create custom halos too.
- Hotkey to toggle current halo.
- Hotkey to show the next halo from the halo set.
- Size, opacity, flip, shrink.
- Rotation speed and direction.
- Offset from the mouse.
- Select preferred halos in halo set.
• Preinstalled halo pack.
• Free online halo gallery.
• User-created halos.
• The halo module can be disabled.
• General features:
- Tools are visible on all monitors and on full screen.
- Customizable hotkeys to handle the app and all tools.
- Hotkey to show or hide application menu in menu bar extras.
- Can start automatically at user login.
- Common Preferences panel for all settings.
- Support multiple users, screens and desktops.
- Built on Apple's security paradigm sandboxing - reducing the threat of rogue code and malicious software.
- We respect your privacy. Our apps do not collect or submit any data.
- When myPoint is running, no icon is shown in the Dock. The control is through a menu in the menu bar extras.
- myPoint neither changes the shape of the mouse pointer nor hides it.
- Read user experience tips on our website.
- myPoint is designed for maximum control and features. If you prefer simplicity, please consider Simple Mouse Locator.
- If you have an inquiry or need help to tune up our app or just want to share with us your feedback, please drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will reply in 24 hours.
Combined use of permanent and momentary locators.
Show mouse buttons.
Locator activation when the mouse hits screen borders.
Simplified locator preferences.
Fixes in locator display time settings.
Optimizations in crosshair module.
Fixes in the preferences panel.
The mouse handling code does not require registration in the "Privacy Input Monitoring" list anymore.
Ratings and Reviews
Love myPoint Light !
I am legally blind, and you can just imagine how difficult and frustrating it has been to find the tiny little mouse pointer on my laptop screen, but thanks to this wonderful app, I no longer have this issue! Thank you so much to the developer of this essential app for low-vision users. It is definitely worth $2.99, but please do continue to keep the cost of this app at a reasonable fair price for those who really are in need of this app. Thanks a million!
Unobtrusive yet hightlights cursor when needed!
"myPoint Light S” is a beneficial, yet unobtrusive “cursor” highlighter that only appears when needed! Otherwise, the cursor is the normal “arrowhead." I have purchased other cursor highlighters which are constantly streaming “stuff." They are a “waterfall” of irritation! With "myPoint Light S,” if your “arrowhead” cursor becomes “lost,” just rapidly “circle” or “jiggle" your mouse or finger on your trackpad, and the cursor pops into sight with the "myPoint Light S cursor view” you selected. I use the “circle” in the first example above. Options are available for other “myPoint Light S” cursors.
I use two monitors. “myPoint Light S” activates when I pass the cursor from one monitor to the other! This is a Five Star Cursor Enhancement for my usage! The $2.99 has not been an expense, it has been an investment in my time spent looking for: “That stupid lost cursor!” “Where did it go this time?” I don’t guarantee you will like it! I guarantee that I like it, and find it worthy of my purchase!
Great Cursor Enhancement!
More than just halo effects!
This handy little app that does a lot more with your mouse than just halo effects. You get different arrows (transparent, black, red), rulers for measuring things (vertical and horizontal), line highlighters for reading, and all are scalable in terms of size and transparency. You can also flip the effect so it’s pointing the opposite direction. This is ideal for anyone with aging eyes or other vision disabilities as well as educators or marketers in need of screenshares or captures for explainer videos and tutuals. Regardless of what you need this app for, once you install it, you will never, ever, be able to “lose” your mouse again!
I looked at several other mouse halo apps, but their reviews were mixed. Basically, the other apps were reported to be glitchy and/or unsupported as well as having severely limited, uncustomizable effects. myPoint Light S had the best reviews so I took a chance on it. I’m glad I did!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Code Race EOOD
- 3.8 MB
- Requires macOS 10.7 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2012-2021 Code Race
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.