ABOUT THIS GAME
Welcome to Myst: a starkly beautiful island, eerily tinged with mystery and shrouded in intrigue.
Journey to Myst Island and other stunning, long dormant locations - called “Ages”- and begin to unravel the mystery you have been thrust into. As you learn what happened on the island, you will find that you are playing a key role in an epic story whose ending has not yet been written. Explore deeper connections in these stunning and surreal Ages, uncover a story of ruthless family betrayal, and make choices that will affect both you, and the world of Myst itself.
Built from the ground up, Myst is teeming with new art, new sound, re-imagined interactions, and even optional puzzle randomization. Finally... the highly anticipated modern Myst experience has arrived!
Now you can explore the Ages of Myst in a new dimension!
NEW AND REQUESTED FEATURES
For the first time in Myst’s history, enjoy the game in many different languages through localized UI, including dialogue and gameplay-context subtitles.
- A variety of accessibility options to assist in gameplay.
- Tired of taking notes? Now you can take photo captures in-game to keep track of what you’ve encountered!
- All MacBook Pros released since 2018
- All iMacs released since 2019
- All iMac Pros released since 2017
- All MacBook Airs released since 2018
- All Mac Pros released since 2019
- All Mac minis released since 2018
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q: I bought Myst when it first came out in 1993. Can I get a free upgrade to this new version?
A: Thank you for your support over the years! We are not giving out free upgrades to previous purchasers of the original Myst. We put a lot of effort into making this new version of Myst and would appreciate your financial support again!
Q: Does this version of Myst support VR?
A: This version of Myst does not support VR, as the platform itself does not support it.
Q: I want to play Myst, but am concerned about my computer not meeting the minimum requirements. What should I do?
A: If your machine does not meet the minimum requirements and you still want to try Myst out, we recommend enabling one of our supersampling options through the graphics settings menu to see if it alleviates performance concerns. Depending on the storefront you purchase Myst from, you may be able to qualify for a refund through the store (not through Cyan support) if Myst does not run well on your platform. Please review each store platform refund policy for details.
Q: Will Myst support [insert language here] one day?
A: Possibly! We’d love to hear from you through our support team about any languages you’d like for us to support.
Hey all, Patch 4 is here for Myst! This one is less meaty than Patch 3 (if you haven’t seen it yet, we added CLASSIC VIDEOS mode in that patch!) but still contains some stability fixes we were able to make within the week. Please beware -- spoilers ahead!
- Generator room lights now turn on like the original Myst did when you enter the generator room. CA-CHUNK, CA-CHUNK, CA-CHUNK! (if you're an OG Myst fan, you could probably "hear" that)
- There are now bats that fly through the Selenitic tunnel when you turn the lights on for the first time. Spooky!
- Fix for Channelwood spiral staircase tree having its bark look separated from the middle of the tree when on Low effects settings.
- Fix for in-game photos sometimes looking oddly cropped if you take an in-game screenshot while engaged with a puzzle or the library bookshelf.
- Fix for the Stoneship beacon light on the top of the lighthouse not being visible while the player is under the umbrella.
- Fix for the half page in Stoneship being completely black when held at particular angles (it should be a bit brighter now in those circumstances).
- Fix for the half-pages being torn on the same side regardless of which side (front or back) you’re looking at. We had a good laugh about that one.
- (SPOILER) Fix for the fireplace code reminder videos not playing when in Classic Videos mode.
There are still plenty of issues we are hoping to fix within the next few weeks, some of the hot-button ones being:
- (SPOILER) Some Macs with Intel GPUs will crash when linking to D’ni.
Some more features we’re looking to add soon:
- Subtitle size changing ability.
- Localization for Russian & Polish languages. We already have our localization partner looking into this.
- Subtitles for Classic Videos. This is going to take some time as this will require some time to write up the timing + words in the format Unreal Engine prefers, and put that text through another localization pass for every language we support.
Thank you to everyone who has reported issues with crashes on startup after enabling certain menu options, or even on the first attempt to start the game. In most cases, ensuring your Mac meets our minimum spec will resolve the issue.
If anyone encounters any crashes or other issues, please email email@example.com with the following information:
- “About this Mac” page of your machine,
- The contents of your /Users/username/Library/Application Support/Epic/Myst/Saved directory, and
- Details of the bug, with any repro steps if possible.
Ratings and Reviews
I'm updating my review from 1 star to 3 stars. Will revisit as I get a chance to play the game more. The latest patch seems to have fixed my 'stuck in the library' issue. I'm excited that this game has been updated to run on current computers but it's mind blowing how many patches have been required right after release. Hoping it's smooth sailing from this point on.
Developer Response ,
Hi there, our latest patch should have this issue resolved.
I heard about this yesterday and I didn't pull the trigger to buy it until I found out today that it is native to M1 Silicon. The graphics and everything else is much better than the original. I don't know how many copies I have of Myst, Riven, etc. but this one is the best so far and I have it set to Classic play. What a pleasant time waster again, but this time I'm retired.
Works great on my M1 Macbook Pro Laptop
Back in the day of the original Myst I never had a laptop that was good for playing games. Thanks so much for the remake that works so well on my Macbook. Motion is smooth and moving around and selecting objects is simple for a non-gamer like me. The game itself is fun to play and there are extensive Internet guides to help me out if I get stuck on a puzzle.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Cyan Worlds, Inc
- 9.9 GB
- Requires macOS 11.5 or later.
- Age Rating
- 9+ Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Copyright © 1993, 2021 Cyan Worlds, Inc., All rights reserved. Myst is a registered trademark of Cyan Worlds, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.