Whether you’re a student, parent, or borrower, Federal Student Aid’s myStudentAid app has the tools and resources you need to apply for and manage financial aid for college or career school on the go. Complete the FAFSA® form, view loan and grant information on your personalized dashboard, get relevant account alerts, and track your repayment progress.
Apply for Aid
• Securely begin, complete, and submit a new or renewal FAFSA form.
• Electronically transfer your federal tax information into a FAFSA form using the IRS Data Retrieval Tool (IRS DRT).
• Transfer parent information from a completed FAFSA form for one of your children into a new FAFSA form for another child.
• View and compare information about the schools selected on the FAFSA form.
Manage Your Aid
• Access a personalized dashboard that summarizes your aid information, highlights upcoming loan payments, and provides relevant content and checklists.
• Track your detailed loan and grant information, aid overpayments, remaining Direct Loan and Pell Grant eligibility, and more within the new Aid Summary feature.
Stay on Track
• Get important notifications and account updates within the Notification Center.
• Receive alerts directly on your phone.
Download the enhanced myStudentAid app for a personalized financial aid experience and a mobile-friendly FAFSA process.
We’ve updated our look and added new tools to help you keep track of your federal student aid. The FAFSA® experience has been revamped with a more user-friendly design. Other updates include the new Aid Summary feature, which allows you to track your detailed loan and grant information, remaining aid eligibility, and more. You’ll also have your own dashboard as well as personalized notifications sent directly to your phone.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I can’t input my DOB in the app, which means I can’t compete an application, making the app completely worthless at this point.
I received a developer response, saying the app works if dark mode is turned off. I can’t test this because I already submitted my app from another device, but I’m grateful that they took the time to reach out.
Developer Response ,
We apologize for the inconvenience! As we actively work to fix this bug, please update your device settings theme from dark to light mode. This should resolve the blank box. If you continue to experience this issue, please contact the Federal Student Aid Information Center at 1-800-4-FED-AID (1-800-433-3243).
Better than the website
I’m not sure why this is but I wasn’t able to fill out my fafsa on the desktop website (each application would never save, application wouldn’t accept my FSA Login when I attempt to link my tax return to the application) so I downloaded their app and everything went incredibly smoothly!
Was great but something happened this year. I can’t get past the sign and submit page where they review my data. It’s also saying it can’t save my financial data. Glitch needs some attention. Hopefully it comes soon because I’m still getting emails saying I need to submit it but I can’t. I’d rather do it through the app since it is usually easier but the glitch is making it frustrating.
Developer Response ,
We apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with our app. The latest version of the app (4.0.2) is now available for update. Please try again. If you have any additional issues, please contact the Federal Student Aid Information Center at 1-800-4-FED-AID (1-800-433-3243).
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.