Complete the FAFSA form, view loan and grant info, and get relevant notifications using the official myStudentAid app.
Whether you’re a student, parent, or borrower, Federal Student Aid’s official myStudentAid app has the tools and resources you need to apply for and manage financial aid for college or career school on the go. Complete the FAFSA® form, Master Promissory Note, and Annual Student Loan Acknowledgment. Quickly view loan and grant information on your personalized dashboard. You can also get relevant account alerts, track your repayment progress, and get instant answers to your questions.
Apply for Aid
• On October 1, 2021, the 2022–23 FAFSA® form will be available! Securely begin, complete, and submit a new or renewal FAFSA form.
• Electronically transfer your federal tax information into a FAFSA form using the IRS Data Retrieval Tool (IRS DRT).
• Transfer parent information from a completed FAFSA form for one of your children into a new FAFSA form for another child.
• View and compare information about the schools selected on the FAFSA form.
• Complete the Master Promissory Note (MPN) conveniently in the app. The MPN is a legal document required to get a federal student loan.
Manage Your Aid
• Access a personalized dashboard that summarizes your aid information, highlights upcoming loan payments, and provides relevant content and checklists.
• Track your detailed loan and grant information, aid overpayments, remaining Direct Loan and Pell Grant eligibility, and more with the Aid Summary feature.
• Understand the cost of college, learn loan and borrowing basics, and see a snapshot of your loans in your Annual Student Loan Acknowledgment.
• View your documents and correspondence in My Documents.
Stay on Track
• Meet Aidan®, our virtual assistant that can answer questions about federal student aid. Whether you want to find out your current loan balance, get help answering questions about the FAFSA form, or reach your loan servicer, Aidan is here to help you find an answer.
• View customer service contact information and send emails from the app.
• Track the status of your Feedback Center cases and borrower defense applications, view details, and upload documents.
• Get important notifications and account updates within the Notification Center.
• Receive alerts directly on your phone.
Download the Federal Student Aid’s official myStudentAid app for a personalized financial aid experience and a mobile-friendly FAFSA process.
Starting October 1, 2021, you can complete your 2022–23 FAFSA® form! In addition, our virtual assistant, Aidan®, will be updated to help answer questions about the form.
Thank you for choosing Federal Student Aid’s official myStudentAid app.
Ratings and Reviews
Works horribly and can’t handle traffic
I’ve been trying to complete this form for the past 2 hours because it keeps freezing on me and saying I have that FAFSA found an error. Won’t let me load anything and keeps logging me out every time I try to complete the form where I left off. I don’t get how a government website can’t handle the applications that are being sent their way. It’s so upsetting and frustrating because there are probably hundreds of other students like me who are trying to submit their applications before the deadline. It’s FAFSA’s OWN FAULT if their website can’t handle it. Why do we have to suffer the consequences of our forms submitting late and past the deadline when it’s the website’s fault for not processing them well enough? I hope this gets resolved soon. Get your stuff together, FAFSA. Your own support number isn’t even working.
Developer Response ,
Oh no! We apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with our app. Please contact the Federal Student Aid Information Center at 1-800-4-FED-AID (1-800-433-3243) so they can further assist you.
Are you serious?
I’ve never written a review before but being prevented from installing the latest version of the app because of my out of date software, which I can’t update due to being hogtied to my iPhone 7, lit a proverbial fire underneath me. Why would you make an update that isn’t compatible on every smart device? Why does an app for FAFSA have to be so advanced that you have to have a very up to date device/software in order to use it? Have you considered the possibility that there are people who can’t afford to upgrade to a newer phone have to apply for financial aid, too, or that simple is often better? Thanks for the inconvenience.
Developer Response ,
Oh no! We apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with our app. Please contact the Federal Student Aid Information Center at 1-800-4FED-AID (1-800-433-3243) so they can further assist you.
Notifications Please and why “myStudentAid”
It would be great if notifications we a part of this app’s functionality. How great it would’ve been to get notified on Oct. 1st that the 19/20 FAFSA is ready to be completed.
Also why on earth is the app named “MyStudentAid”? And the app icon says “Federal Student Aid”? Either match the two for consistency or and even better idea would be to call the app “FAFSA”. I’m just thinking from a student’s perspective and to try and make it as simple as possible to complete.
But as a plus, the app layout is great and it works really well guiding people through the FAFSA process. Good job FSA!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Office of Federal Student Aid
- 103.6 MB
- Requires iOS 12.5 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.5 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.5 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Federal Student Aid 2015
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.