MyTeaPal is the ultimate companion for tea drinkers, an all-in-one app with timer, tracker, journal, and community functions.
• BREW: Brew tea with mindfulness and precision for each infusion using a timer or stopwatch
• ORGANIZE: Organize all your teas, teawares, vendors, ingredients, and brew logs in just one place
• LOG: Log your tasting notes and brew statistics by infusion to create your personal tea journal
• CONNECT: Connect with your tea friends, share tasting notes, and build your tea community
• Personalize Collections: Add custom images and detailed info for teas and teawares
• Tea Encyclopedia: Explore and learn about different styles and link with your teas
• Timer and Stopwatch: Follow a preset time or simply brew with intuition
• Quantity Tracker: Catalogue inventory and auto-subtract as you drink
• Share: Send information about teas, teawares, or logs to your friends
• Visualize Stats: See your logs in a calendar and teas in a pie chart
• Flavor Dictionary: Choose from 100+ tags or add your own
• Tea Rating: Rank your teas on a 5-point scale (half stars included!)
• Tea Randomizer: Having trouble picking what to drink? Let our randomizer help
• Daily Reminder: Enable daily notifications to form a mindful tea drinking routine
• Data Syncing: Securely save all your data and images across devices and platforms
• Multiple Units: Water Volume (ml/fl oz), Temperature (C/F), Weight (g/tsp/bag/ball)
WHY I BUILT MYTEAPAL:
As a tea enthusiast for more than four years, I always wished there were a way to record my tea journey, including all the teas I tasted, teawares I collected, brewing methods I used, and feelings I sensed.
I then found that tea journaling was the best way to do this, but after trying a few paperback tea journals and other tea apps, I was disappointed. None of them felt right to me.
I wanted to create an all-in-one tea app that made it easy for tea drinkers to catalogue their teas and teawares, find their favorite ways of brewing, record their thoughts, and share with their tea friends.
So I created MyTeaPal. I hope through this app, we can all become more mindful about what teas we have tasted, how we brewed them, and how they made us feel. Wishing you the best with your tea journey!
-Vincent, Founder of MyTeaPal
Introducing the Daily Tea feature, an opt-in public feed displaying all users' posts from the past 24 hours. When creating a post, you can now share it in Daily Tea so that other MyTeaPal users can see what tea you are tasting.
2.7.1 - Enabled stranger viewers of Daily Tea posts to still see their TeaPals' likes or comments on the same post. Also made scrolling on Daily Tea posts more smooth.
Ratings and Reviews
Great as is, would be better with rooibos, etc options
I’m loving this app, and finding it very useful for tracking my ever-growing tea stash.
One suggestion would be to add separate tea types for rooibos & honeybush, and possibly fruit/herbals, instead of lumping them under tisanes (though if R & H were separate, I’d be fine leaving fruit ones under tisanes). I cold-brew fruity herbals, but drink rooibos & honeybush hot, so would love to have them more separated.
Another suggestion might be adding an option for bagged vs loose leaf... I know a lot of folks see bagged tea as near sacrilegious, but some of us use both on occasion. ;)
Developer Response ,
Hi there, thank you so much for the feedback! I'm currently working on adding more tea styles and building a tea encyclopedia, and it will be available soon. The "bag" unit is currently enabled, and I'll think about how to help users filter bagged teas.
If you have any additional feedback, please feel free to email email@example.com.
The tea app I’ve been waiting for for years
This app is perfect. I’ve struggled to find a good way to log my brews— I’ve tried a notebook, an excel sheet, just using Instagram, etc. Nothing categorized and organized things the way I wanted until now! It’s all in there, if you’re a big tea lover just download it already! You won’t regret it! Even my college tea club groupchat can’t stop raving about it. I know this app is very new, but one thing I’d love to see in the future would be a social aspect, being able to add friends and see what they’re brewing. 5/5, 10/10. Amazing.
Developer Response ,
Thank you so much for the kind words! Glad to hear that you and your friends found MyTeaPal helpful on your tea journeys!
I'd like to add the social aspect soon, and it would be a fairly big project. If you have any additional feedback, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Great app for the casual or the dedicated tea drinker
I love that I can track my teas on MyTeaPal. It is very easy to enter in new teas and to look through my history. This makes for a fun way of tracking and journaling one’s tea habits.
I feel like this app has really expanded my knowledge of tea and has gotten me invested into learning more about the history of this drink. I also feel a lot more educated about the different types of tea after using this app. It is great for tea enthusiasts who like to take detailed notes and journaling. OR it can be used just as effectively by a newcomer to the tea scene.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- MyTeaPal LLC
- 50.5 MB
- Food & Drink
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 MyTeaPal LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.