MyTouchHome app is an easy-to-use and straightforward home automation app, exclusively for HomeKit-enabled accessories. It allows you in a few touches, to configure one or several homes and set up home automation services fitting your lifestyle, regardless of the manufacturer. It also allows you to communicate with and control the connected devices of your home in the same simple manner, with only a few touches. Even better, Siri recognizes the elements’ name of your home and make it easy to execute sophisticated operations with a single statement (e.g. “Siri, turn on the lights in the living room.”, “Siri, make it warmer in the media room.”, “Siri, dim the desk lamp.”, “Siri, lock up my house in Tahoe.”, etc…).
• Define homes
• Define zones
• Define rooms
• Add and remove HomeKit-enabled accessories
• Define actions
• Define scenes
• Schedule scenes
• Define event triggers (only available on iOS 9)
• Invite users to control accessories in your home using any HomeKit app
• Give commands with Siri
• Only works with HomeKit-enabled accessories
- Fixed characteristic value updates not reflected immediately when changed externally to the app.
- Ability to show all accessory characteristics or only those which can be controlled.
- Minor bug fixes.
- iOS 9 support + bug fixes.
- New with iOS 9:
• Fixed editing rights issue with new user management support.
• Event triggers support with events such as state of an accessory or geofence, and possible additional conditions such as time-based condition, state of an accessory, or significant events such as sunrise or sunset.
- watchOS 2 support.
- New with watchOS 2:
• Complication with scheduled events timeline for today.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Not usable with many Hue lights
In the Home view, you're presented with a circle of 50 tiny dots which represent accessories. These are impossible to identify because the text label is a single character (appears as a vertical bar "|" in each tiny dot).
If you add a zone, that is added to the 50 tiny dots as yet another tiny dot. So adding multiple zones results in not being able to identify which zones are which.
Tap a zone and you can add rooms to it. Each room appears as a circle. Tap on a room and you supposedly can add accessories. But this hangs on "Searching" (I waited 10 minutes). Perhaps this is due to the next generation Hue hub not being fully supported by the app? More likely, the app just cannot handle larger setups.
I suspect the developer has not tested this app with more than a few devices. And the app may very well work wonderfully with five to ten devices. But if you have 50 Hue lights and a few HomeKit outlets, this app is not soup yet.
Flawed implementation of Zones and Triggers
Interesting interface but Zones are implemented incorrectly as a Room can only be assigned into one Zone. Second flaw is that there's no way to remove a Room from a Zone, other than deleting the Zone. Worse, yet, if you delete a Room under the Zone hierarchy it deletes the Room entirely from the Home rather than removing it from the Zone.
Program crashes on trigger Save. Implementation is incomplete as well (only = value of a state appears to be implemented.)
Better "free" apps available though implementations not up to iOS9 level. Eve and iDevices are more polished.
Great Starter HomeKit App
I'm just dipping my feet into HomeKit and this app has nearly everything I need to get it up and running. I can see how maybe it won't scale to large setups but for two bucks, I'd say it a great way to get your rooms and scenes setup and let Siri do the rest. The native apps that come with the devices are all much worse than this for sure.
- Romain HENRY
- 4.8 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 and watchOS 2.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Copyright © 2015 Romain HENRY. All rights reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.