The Naim app is the ultimate remote control for your home hi-fi system, enabling you to have millions of songs at your fingertips. Enjoy instant playback through your connected Naim devices – from legacy products to the very latest releases - no matter what room they’re in.
Simple and intuitive set up:
• Set up new devices seamlessly with the Naim set up process.
Orchestrate your music:
• Control all functions and settings of your devices remotely.
Fill your house with sound:
• Use the Naim multiroom system to stream your favourite music throughout the house or have a different playlist in each room.
Stream entire libraries of music:
• Playback to your Naim devices through a great number of sources such as TIDAL, Spotify, UPnP and iRadio.
Play your way:
• The straightforward user interface makes it incredibly easy to play, create playlists and adjust play queues while providing extended artist information.
Customise your experience:
• Adjust room compensation and display illumination settings for the Mu-so range.
The Naim app works with all of the following Naim network-connected digital music players connected to a Wi-Fi network:
• Mu-so Qb
• Uniti Core
• Uniti Atom
• Uniti Nova
• Uniti Star
• ND 555
• ND 5 XS2
• NDX 2
• UnitiQute 2
• NaimUniti 2
• ND5 XS
• NAC-N 172 XS
• NAC-N 272
We update the app regularly with new features, performance improvements and bug fixes. The latest version:
• Improves the visibility of the playing track in the play queue.
• Improves TIDAL list filtering to use all visible fields.
• Improves WiFi setup wizard for legacy devices.
• Improves creation and management of UPnP Playlists.
• Improves layout of the Now Playing screen.
• Prevents reconnecting to internet radio on open if product is in standby.
Your feedback is important to us, please visit www.naimaudio.com/customer-support for more information and how to get in touch.
Ratings and Reviews
It’s a constant struggle to get Tidal and Naim to work harmoniously. The latest issue is that it will say, “ready” except it will not play whatever you choose. Also. Naim, if I click on a song and nothing is playing, it means I want that song to play. Why does it open a drop down every time to see if I want to play it next or queue it. I have a $10,000 music room setup (and I know it’s low compared to other Naim equipment owners) and I can’t even stream one song without having issues. It’s embarrassing!
I currently use this app on my iPhone and I have a Naim Atom.
Issues not as bad with the Muso.
Please fix it!
Still won’t reliably stream TIDAL
The app will still only stream a few TIDAL songs before dropping out. Sometimes its one song, sometimes its ten. You’re lucky to get through an album.
It doesn’t stall or jitter. It will just stop playing and show no songs in the queue. This happens mid-song.
Also, this app does not support TIDAL master quality which is ridiculous considering the market its targeting.
I sympathize with the app developers, because in general it would be an OK app if it was at all reliable.
One last thing... the Muso itself must be frequently power cycled in order to maintain a connection... and I religiously check for firmware updates. I’d like to just wake up or come home and play music on my Muso, but at least once or twice a week I need to spend 5-10 minutes performing a hard reboot, then reconnecting it to the app.
I almost forgot. Beginning with this most recent app update I’m asked to login to TIDAL almost every-time I open the app after being closed for an extended period of time. I’ll login, and it will accept my password, but if I try to play a song it will give me an error and ask me to log in again. This is remedied by rebooting my phone and the Muso.
Works perfectly for me
I noticed that abysmal rating for the Naim app and thought I’d share my experience. I’ve now owned three separate products that rely heavily on the Naim app - (Muso, ND5 XS & NDX), and I have none of the problems other commenters seem to run into. The app is extremely stable on my iPhone X, and I find it incredibly easy to access local files from my UPNP server, Stream from Tidal, and manage my multiple rooms from my phone.
Perhaps I missed out on some of the issues earlier customers had, since I’ve only been using Naim streaming gear for ~1.5 years, but I’m a very happy camper!
- Naim Audio Ltd
- 141.4 MB
Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © Naim Audio Limited, 2019
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.