All-in-one software instrument for inspecting/servicing analogue audio devices.
NAK T-100 is a lightweight and all-inclusive audio analyzer for inspecting analog audio devices on computer. It is capable of performing 7+ conventional audio measurements in a single setup without swapping a stack of physical instruments. This makes it an agile tool to quickly check whether a given audio device performs to its specifications. Or during a service/repair/modify project, this is a less overkill yet more cost-effective tool for conducting general audio measurements on desk top. Some of the key functions are specifically optimized for tuning analog tape players/recorders.
The app features modern DSP core with traditional analog skin. It adopts the "Skeuomorphism" design philosophy to offer era-specific operational experience in working with analog audio devices. However, the underlaying engine works purely from digital domain after all, which does not have to follow the analog measurement principles and yield strict identical readings. Typical tolerances across typologies of test instruments should be expected.
Features and Specifications
21 spot sinusoidal plus pink noise and square wave
-80dB ~ +10dB
(extendable to +30dB with physical input attenuator),
RMS or peak, 0dB = 1.0V (after calibration)
10mV ~ 300mV, 0.1V ~ 1V,
1V ~ 10V (with physical input attenuator)
20Hz ~ 20kHz
Requires calibration with reference AC volt-meter
0.01% ~ 0.3%, 0.1% ~ 3%
[Wow & Flutter]
0.01% ~ 0.3%, 0.1% ~ 3%
Quasi-Peak DIN 45507
WRMS DIN 45507
Spectrum display: 0.2 ~ 100Hz
-100dB ~ -10dB
20 ~ 20kHz (extendable to 26kHz at 96kHz sample rate)
-100dB ~ +10dB
Gaussian white noise
Sweep frequency (asynchronous)
Ellipse figure with time stabilizer
Two channel, non-quantitative
Peak: 10mS raise, 2000mS fall
1. This app is by no means a replacement of laboratory grade instrument.
2. This app is intentionally designed in favour of simplicity and convenience without excessive configurability.
3. This app operates in two switchable modes: Basic and Scope.
4. The Basic mode is the primary working mode. Its UI panel may be unfamiliar to new users at first. But the same ergonomics has been repeatedly proven in the former practices.
5. The Scope mode is a GUI add-on that displays complex measurement results in 2-dimensional plots. It is a lite graphic console without a set of pro implications.
6. The specifications may vary depending on actual sound card used.
7. Calibration will be needed prior to working with a specific audio device on a specific computer.
8. The computer must have stereo audio input (line-in) and stereo audio output (regardless of built-in or external) in order to allow the app functioning properly.
9. Sound devices that have uncommon channel layouts need to be configured for re-mapping the selected channels to the standard stereo channels by using tools outside of this app.
10. Relatively faster computer with less busy multi-tasking workload is recommended.
- Introduced support to AuHAL Audio Interface as the second option.
- Fixed a bug which occurs at sample rate >= 192000.
Ratings and Reviews
Perfect app for WOW/Flutter checks.
It is rare to find a working, bug free and accurate app on Apple store. But this one is perfect. I was able to calibrate my tape decks speeds with it, and check WOW/Flutter, see the frequency response, compare different tapes etc. Easy to use. All you need is a good external interface. Install this app, select the inputs / outputs and have fun. Many thanks to the developer! I would give it a rating 10 star out of 5.
Tested today and it works precise
Very nice software which provides you more than original T-100 can do. Quite precise on Macobook Pro with external sound card. Requires learning curve to start using it in full power. Sometimes settings make me puzzle for a bit. Posted video on youtube, search by Hifirulezzz
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Chen Wang
- 5.7 MB
- Requires macOS 10.11 or later.
- Age Rating
- ©Anaxwaves, all rights reserved
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.