The Naked app enables you to use a Naked in-home body scanner:
GUIDED SETUP — Set up a Naked scanner, and learn how to take your first scan, with illustrated step-by-step instructions.
GET SCANNED — Take a scan using any Naked scanner and the app. The app guides you through the scanning process and, in less than five minutes, gives you your 3D body model.
3D BODY MODEL — Explore your 3D model using rotate and pinch-to-zoom.
BODY FAT PERCENTAGE, LEAN MASS, FAT MASS, WAIST-TO-HIP — See your statistics, and set a baseline scan to track how your body composition is changing.
MEASUREMENTS — Track more than ten precise body measurements over time.
SIDE-BY-SIDE COMPARISON — See how your body has changed by comparing any two scans.
GRAPHS — Track and visualize how your metrics have changed.
4-UP VIEW — See a snapshot of your body from all four sides.
HEALTHKIT INTEGRATION — See your body fat percentage, lean mass, waist circumference, and weight in the Health app.
If you don't have a Naked scanner, you can explore the app through the eyes of three real users to see what a scan looks like, compare two scans, and see what the app has to offer.
If you want to take a scan and you're in the San Francisco Bay Area, reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have questions, issues, feedback, or suggestions, please reach out to us at email@example.com. Hope you enjoy the app!
• CSV export is now available, so you can export the key metrics and circumference measurements from all of your scans in an accessible and easy-to-use format. To export your scan data as a CSV file, go to the 'More' tab, tap your name, then tap 'Export all scan data as CSV'.
Other recent additions and updates:
• Our most-requested feature — HealthKit integration — is live! View your body fat percentage, waist circumference, lean mass, and weight in Apple’s Health app. To share your Naked data with the Health app, go to the ‘More’ tab, tap your name, then tap ‘Connect to Apple Health’.
• Waist-to-Hip ratio is now on the ‘Measure’ screen and in the ‘Compare’ tab! Waist-to-Hip is a risk indicator for hypertension, type 2 diabetes, and cardiovascular disease. To learn more about Waist-to-Hip ratio, including the healthy ranges for men and women, tap the 'Waist-to-Hip' card then tap the ‘i’ on the expanded card.
• You can now review the “first scan tutorial” to refresh your memory on pose, clothing, lighting, and the scanning process. Find it in the 'More' tab under ‘Help’.
• If you use a long password — or a password manager — you can now paste text in the password field when signing up or logging in.
• Other improvements and bug fixes, including a fix for users randomly getting logged out when relaunching the app, a greater character limit for notes, and the ability to remove a tag from a scan without a note.
If you have issues, feedback, or questions, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org — your input is invaluable to us and it helps improve Naked.
If you're enjoying the app, please leave a review. Thanks for being a Naked user, and happy scanning!
Ratings and Reviews
The Truth Inspires!
My amazing chiropractor Rikke Johansen at Health Logic in Menlo Park, CA, is beta testing the Naked Labs body scanner in her office. While the first scan result in December was cringeworthy, I am, and always have been body-positive—but the scan doesn’t lie. It gave me a wake-up call to get moving, and I was so excited by the results of my second scan in January. I dropped 10% body fat. The bathroom scale showed a loss of only .5 pound, but the clear change in body composition (4 inches lost in the waist, 1 inch in hips, etc.) and body fat vs. lean muscle is very rewarding and gives me motivating feedback to keep going. I can’t wait until next month! Yes, it won’t make you feel good, that’s for sure. If, on the other hand, you were making that New Year’s resolution to shed some weight and tone those muscles (and have a plan in place), it’s ideal, because you get an early peek at results that don’t show up on the scale. I’ve always heard muscle is heavier than fat, but to see the physical changes when you put in the work, but maybe don’t see reflected on the scale yet, is motivating. I’m doing yoga, going to Orange Theory Fitness (a one-hour run-row-weights class), and biking on a Peloton. I’m a social exerciser who is motivated by challenges, so these scans are keeping me going while I see and feel the changes of being more active.
Best piece of fitness equipment I own, and way more valuable than a gym membership. The amount of information you get from this scanner is amazing. Seeing a Terminator-style liquid metal image of yourself as you get in shape and lose weight is incredible. Best motivation ever to stick with the program, and invaluable feedback to know whether what you’re doing is working. Expensive piece of tech, but no more so than a treadmill. I actually look forward to the morning scan to see how I’m doing, and just because it’s so stinkin’ cool.
The product and app are awesome. This is a game changer for understanding your body changes on a new level. I am very glad to be an owner.
I'd like to see a few things improved:
1. Connectivity & continuity: don't rely so heavily on bluetooth. It should only really be necessary for connecting the scanner to wifi initially. After that, wifi is really all that's necessary. It was hard for two devices / accounts to use the scanner because of a lingering bluetooth connection. The 2nd user also had to go through initial setup as though the unit was still being unboxed.
2. Resolution & detail: the software explains that the scanner is accurate to 0.1 inches (0.25cm). If that is the case, I should be able to see well-defined facial features, fingers (even in fists), etc. Things kind of blob together right now, which tells me that areas with more depth variation aren't receiving higher mesh density as you might expect of an optimized model. Perhaps the whole mesh is uniform density, and is then reduced in a rudimentary and destructive way. I think this could be improved with scanner firmware updates down the line.
3. Questionable result: my body fat percentage changed by -3% in a 24hr period, scanning at the same time of day. This change seems impossible.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.