On sale through Sunday to support Ukrainian relief efforts—we'll donate 100% of our net proceeds during this time to UNICEF and Global Giving.
Name Mangler is a blazingly-fast multi-file renaming tool that's incredibly easy to use. Renaming tens of thousands of files can be as easy as a drag-and-drop operation, a bit of typing, and one click of a button. And it now runs natively on both Intel and Apple Silicon Macs.
With Name Mangler, you can…
• Create single or multi-step renaming actions, save them, and share them across Macs
• Rename in excess of 2,000 files per second
• Use files' macOS metadata (e.g. ISO speed, dimensions, bit rate, etc.) in new names
• See before-and-after views of your filenames insure you rename them as you intend
• Save renaming tasks as droplets: just drag-and-drop files onto a droplet, and they'll be renamed
• Save renaming tasks as macOS Services, for use through Finder's contextual menu
• Load any previously-used rename action from the History browser
• See previews of files' contents using macOS' built-in Quick Look file previewer
Name Mangler 3 represents a quantum leap forward in file renaming: speed and beauty combined with ease of use, and loaded with features. In addition to the above, here are some other features of note:
• Save any renaming action as a Preset, and automatically sync those presets across Macs
• Export renaming actions for sharing via email, etc.
• Revert last-used renaming operation
• Optionally display only files that will be renamed, instead of all files in the list
• Automatically detect potential duplicates and flag (or optionally automatically fix)
• See Interim results that show filenames at each step of a multi-step renaming task
• Full support for regular expressions to handle really complicated renaming tasks.
If you have files to rename, Name Mangler can get the job done.
• Fixed a regression in Name Mangler 3.7.2 where the "Clear List" menu item became unavailable after renaming.
Ratings and Reviews
No one likes to spend a lot on a utility but this is worth the money. I have a pretty complicated naming job. I sent an e-mail to support and had a response and a solution within hours. What is best is the it turned me on to advanced mode which is fantastic. I am renaming files with two running numeric indexes and it works like a breeze. Great software great support. One caveat is that some of the automatic features like index numbering are implemented a little strangely (can't just say put index front or back you have to use a confusing suffix prefix option] but still worth the money.
An absolutely incredible tool!
I think it's fair to say, there is little in terms of file renaming this app cannot do. The devolper thought of pretty much everything and put it into an easy to use app for most users. However, Name Mangler is also quite deep and complex if you're comfortable with taking the next steps. I do not know what I'd do every day without this amazing time-saving app. - And their customer serrvice is outstanding too. If there is a task you have trouble finding a solution for, they're there to help you. I'd give Name Mangler 6 stars if I could.
Great Software, does exactly what it says and more.
I have never written a review on app store, but I thought I would do it here for this app, since it has been a great program for me.
I purchased a NAS drive for my home for the purpose of organizing and centrally storing 15 years of photos from my wife and my macs and phones and other sources. I needed an app that could rename files easily and in a smart manner. This program allowed me to name, number and even attached creation dates with the click of the button. With my new photos with GEO Data, it can even add the location to the file name. The benefit for me is that the names allow quick searching to find specific photos regardless of app.
I was pleasantly surprised to find that it renamed locally or even on a mounted drive or NAS drive without any permission issues or crashing. I also used it to name over 1,000 large photo files at a time without any issues.
Great work on this, thank you!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Many Tricks
- 8.7 MB
- Requires macOS 10.9 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2005–2021 Many Tricks
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.