Never forget a name again! Play fun quizzes to remember names and faces of distant family members, acquaintances, classmates, clients and coworkers. Download Name Shark now and start improving your memory and boosting your social skills!
Wouldn't it be impressive if you knew the names of everyone at work, personally greeted every guest at your party and recognized every distant family member at an event? Well, now you can do it absolutely for free AND have fun in the process!
With Name Shark, you can train your brain to memorize the faces and names of everyone important (or un-important, if you want). Not only will you dazzle people with your amazing facial recall ability, but you will also actually be improving your memory in the process. Through fun exercises and quizzes, you will be enhancing your cognitive function, acquiring better facial recognition abilities, training your memory and improving people's response to you when you meet.
Everyone needs to remember names and faces, so why not have fun doing it?
With Name Shark you can:
=> Easily create a group and add photos.
=> Play in four built-in quiz modes that make name memorization fun.
=> Share your groups with others, publicly or privately*.
=> Quickly search and download groups made by other users.
Matching pictures to names through fun quizzes is an easy way to help you connect faces and names to people. Yes, a pic can serve as an amazing reminder – just try it! And the more you play, the better you get.
YOU SHOULD GET THIS APP IF YOU ARE:
• An event planner or staff member who needs to memorize VIPs or important attendees at a networking event.
• A sales or service representative who wants to remember every client and manager.
• A CEO, executive or manager who needs to know employees' names.
• A teacher or counselor who likes to remember students' names at the beginning of a term/semester.
• A sports fan, who wants to remember the names, faces and details about players and coaches.
• A little league coach who want to remember names of players and parents.
• A member of a church, club, or organization that needs to remember names and faces of other members.
• A member of a large family with lots of distant relatives.
• Just someone who hates not being able to connect a face to a name or vice versa.
• Create groups of people whose names you don't want to forget.
• Quiz yourself with 4 built in quiz modes:
1. Self Practice
2. Faces Quiz
3. Names Quiz
4. Details Quiz
• Easily share your groups*
- with everyone
- privately with a code
- with password protection
• Search and download groups shared by other users.
• Shared groups are safely stored in the cloud and can be downloaded in case of phone loss or damage.
• Available iPhone 6 Plus, 6, 5s, 5, 4s, and 4 and optimized for iOS 8.
* Sharing of groups and password protection is available as an in-app-purchase. Downloading of all groups, public and private, is always free to all users.
Fixes a crash that sometimes happens while importing device contacts.
Ratings and Reviews
Great app- just needs a few tweaks
This app is great for learning the names of my nearly 700 students. First, I wish that the self practice quiz would mix up the names (just as the other quizzes do). I find this the most helpful way to initially learn the names (flash card style) but since they’re in order I tend to remember the order rather than connecting the names and pictures.
I also wish class lists would sync between devices. I paid the extra $3.99 for sharing but when I got a new phone all the groups I’d set up on there were deleted. I emailed customer service a few weeks ago to see if there was a way to retrieve them and haven’t heard back. I had nearly half my classes on my phone and so I was super bummed to lose them.
Finally I wish that the pictures would display bigger on the iPad. I initially set up groups on my iPad thinking it would be easier to see the larger picture but they display the same size as the iPhone.
Overall it’s been a really effective tool for learning names though!
Love it, but
This a super useful app that I use frequently. Opening the camera directly from the app seems to have stopped working, but I still can take a photo and import it in. Needs o be fixed. Also, wish I could search by creator for un-shared groups. Had to re-download the app when I experienced an iPhone software glitch and I lost all groups that hadn’t been shared, such as small groups that I just used for myself. All in all, super helpful, but a few minor flaws. Get it, you won’t be sorry if you need I remember names and faces.
Wish lists would transfer between devices
I started a new job recently and downloaded the app on my phone to try and remember people’s names, but then I got a work phone and none of the lists I had built on my personal phone transferred over to the work phone. Other than that, the app is pretty basic and straight-forward, which is pretty much what I was needing it for, though I also think it could benefit with a few leading questions to go along with each contact. Something like: where do you know them from? Distinguishing characteristics? Things not to forget? Something like that.
- Awesome Geekness, L.L.C.
- 38.2 MB
Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2017 Awesome Geekness, L.L.C.
- In-App Purchases
- Group Sharing - 1 Year Subscription $3.99
- Remove Ads $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.