Expecting a new member in the family? Would you like to say or write some nice words to your dearest one? Are you curious about what the odd name of that friend of yours means? Ever wondered about the origin of your own name?
'Namer - The Origin of Names' gives you all that in a simple and enjoyable way. Because we value your time, it is also very quick to access and use. All data is stored locally so you won't have to wait for network access or worry about having a connection.
Use its built in search and index features to quickly learn the meaning of a name, save it as a favorite, share it with your friends on Facebook or Twitter or send it by E-mail, all in the blink of an eye.
- Sensible names and meaningful descriptions. Unlike other apps, we don't want to waste your time with nonsense;
- For every name you'll have its meaning in a couple of words, and a more detailed text describing its origin;
- Browse names by gender, using the convenient index feature;
- Search by name;
- Search by meaning;
- Add to your own list of favorite names with no need to register, just by tapping the star next to the names you like;
- Share names with your friends on Facebook, Twitter or by e-mail.
Minor bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Just in my own immediate family I can't find names. The names are pretty common today. Someone's lazy and not doing the research. The entries are questionable in their authenticity by the apps own descriptions. Google has better sources waiting for you to discover answers to your curiosity about names and origins. BTW I got this app for free through a promotional offer. Save your time and money.
Simplistic, purile, useless and ugly app
Hey dev: the late 2013s are calling, they want you pointless dated incomplete app back.
Everyone else: do get this app if you want to be reminded of just how ugly apps were back in the day, with almost zero thought of look or feel and even less effort made in providing content.
As others have said, if you're interested in looking up your name (and this app only seems to handle a subset of predominantly Anglo first names) then head off to your favorite search engine, for this app is useless.
Very outdated, a lot of missing common names
• This app still hasn’t even optimized for
screens larger than the iPhone 5
• There are a lot of common names that are
missing, e.g. Mason.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.