Fun, unique, and powerful - an incredible baby names app!
• View origins & meanings
• Hear pronunciations
• See recommendations based on your favorites
• View countries where each name is most common
• 100-year popularity graphs
• Name rankings by year
• Names for brothers/sisters
• Name variations
• Tags (e.g., Unisex, On Fire)
• See similar names (e.g., you might like Sophia if you like Isabella)
• Interactive popularity heat map
• Political party leanings
• Profession leanings
• Stripper name or not?
• Save and sort your favorites
• Share on Facebook and Twitter
Nametrix is chock full of real-world, data-driven analysis unrivaled by any other app, website, book, or anything else.
A sampling of what you'll find:
• Emma's most commonly found in Sweden, the UK, and Australia
• In the US, popularity peaked in 2003, but it's peaking again now
• It's currently the most popular name for girls in the US
• It's a vintage name, first popular in the early 1900s
• Other names you might like: Hannah, Abigail, Olivia, Lily
• Potential names for brothers: Samuel, Aiden, Noah, Marcus
• Variants include Ema, Emmah, Emme
• It's currently most popular in the southeastern part of the US
• Emmas have historically gravitated to creative professions such as Singer-songwriter
• Emmas have historically tended to be Democrats in the US
• Emma is not at all a "stripper name"
Top names for plumbers:
Top names for playwrights:
As for other professions, can you guess what Lexus, Stormie, Chastity, and Bambi have in common?
Featured on Good Morning America, Freakonomics.com, New York Times, Babble, Mashable, Disney Baby, Babyology, Parents.com, CafeMom, USA Today, The Daily Dot, and many more.
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
Minor name data update
Ratings and Reviews
I’m not sure what version I have, but I find the resource to be so enlightening. We love to look up names and learn about their origin and see the popularity. It’s user friendly and has a ton of info. Every once in a while we search online to get more info about a certain name, but that is rare- most names are thoroughly researched on the app. If you are a planner, but want to search lots of names, I recommend this app. My only complaint/suggestion would be to expand the search feature. You can see that a name means “flower”, but it’s harder to search for all names meaning “flower”... if that makes sense. More ways to create broader search criteria would make it even better.
So much info about my name I didn't know!
I've literally spent hours playing around with this app, looking up my own name, my kids' names, my friends' names, anyone I can think of. My name is popular among writers and directors which makes me feel very cool. The neatest feature is an interactive map where you can see where a name was most popular and when. Really useful if you don't want your daughter to share a name with eight other girls in her kindergarten class wherever you live!
I downloaded a lot of name apps before my first kid was born, but I definitely wish I'd had this one instead.
The best naming app I've used!
I'm a cartoonist, and this app is amazing for naming my characters! You can sort by Themes, professions, and trending names, among other categories (so handy!), and it gives you data on the countries the name is most commonly used in. There's a vast amount of names, too, including some lesser-known ones! It went above and beyond expectations!
The developer, Verdant Labs, LLC, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Verdant Labs, LLC
- 111.5 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2018 Verdant Labs
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.