This app helps you understand and share what you feel every day and keep track of what types of pain your treatments are helping.
WHY DID WE MAKE THIS?
You hurt. Your pain is chronic and complicated. You can’t remember everything. You want your doctors to understand, but you don’t know how to explain what you feel.
PAIN IS LIFE-CHANGING. HELP IS HERE.
Nanolume® developed the Pain Tracker & Diary to help you record the daily textures, intensities, and locations of what you feel, so you and your care team can better understand what you are suffering with and follow how your pain responds to medications and treatments.
TRACK IT BETTER. TREAT IT BETTER.
Pain is a complex experience. It often includes multiple pain types (layers), each with its own unique texture, intensity, location, and surface area.
By keeping a diary that integrates complex information, you can show your doctors what you are experiencing to help them make a better diagnosis, choose more appropriate medications and treatments, and monitor if your treatments are beneficial. In addition, by keeping such an integrated record, trends might emerge that would otherwise go unnoticed.
PAIN IS DIFFERENT.
Pain is a subjective (not objective) sensation that you cannot measure. Its assessment relies on each person’s ability to communicate what they feel. Nanolume® developed this digital diary to help you record what you feel every day.
For each diary entry you create:
• Choose a Pain Type. Choose from a list of predefined pain types or create a customized pain type. Next, tap the icon of the pain type you feel is most intense (you can come back and add more types later).
• Select the Intensity. Select the intensity of your pain type using a Numeric Rating Scale (NRS).
• Draw an Outline. Use your finger to draw an “outline” of the type of pain you are experiencing on the front and back sides of a generalized map of your body.
• Calculated Surface Areas. The app displays the percent [%] of your body surface affected by each (or all) of the pain types you draw.
• Zoom. Need to see a larger image of your hand or foot? Double-tap: "once" to zoom x2; "twice" to zoom x4; "a third time" to restore the image to its original size. We also offer pinch-to-zoom.
• Notes. Tap the “Notepad” icon located in the top-left corner of each opened diary entry to record any details of your medications or treatment results.
• Tap "Add Pain." Choose another pain type (layer) to draw.
• Save Your Diary Entry. Tap "Done" to create a snapshot of all the pain type layers you drew. The app attaches the date and time your entry was saved.
• Open a Saved Entry. Tap on the date and time of the entry you want to review. Look at the intensity, location, and surface area of each distinct pain type you experienced (by touching the icon of the pain type you want to see) or see all the pain types at once and see how they overlap (tap the "All Layers" icon). Swipe the picture left or right to check how your other saved pain entries compare over time.
• Charts. View a summary of your data in "Charts."
• Forget to Save an Entry? Go back and recreate a "pain picture" from the past; then, use the "Calendar" icon to backdate the recreated entry.
• Calendar Backdating. Touch the "Calendar" icon to backdate any pain-picture you draw to create a record of what you remember from the past.
• Copy/Edit. Copy or edit a copy of a previous entry.
• CSV Export. Email or save a numeric file of your data, then open that data in a spreadsheet.
• Interactive Summary & Animation. Play an animation of your data to see how each or all of your pain types change within any period you choose by selecting the corresponding start/stop dates.
• PDF Export. Export your charts, drawings, and notes as a PDF file.
PRIVACY IS IMPORTANT.
Copyright © 2014-2022, Nanolume® LLC. All rights reserved. Patent Pending.
Version 4.7 enables optional PDF password protection for PDF export.
Ratings and Reviews
Extremely useful app for chronic pain patients
I developed CRPS over the last year which causes severe neuropathic pain. My pain fluctuates day to day and sometimes it’s hard to describe it. I found this app mentioned on a pain management blog and purchased it. It has been so helpful for me in documenting where my pain is located, kind of pain and intensity. I really like that the pain types are described. My physician was pleasantly surprised when he asked me about my pain, I was able to show my documentation of its progression on this app. Along with my other records, this app helped him to put together a pain management plan based on my individual need.
For those of us with chronic pain, this app is a must have. It allows us to identify and rate different types of pain all at once AND identify the area of the body each type of pain effects. Also, they are very responsive to any problems or concerns you might have. Responsive and kind and super quick to fix the problem. Get this app!!
Issue w/ the “add pain layer” button
The button to add a pain layer often stops working and I have to force close the app and then I am forced to start over. It would be great to have this issue fixed, but also to have an option to edit a pain entry after its “done”. Since editing isn’t possible, I have to start over if the button stops working. I love the concept of this app but for a paid app this is a basic functionality really needs to be fixed.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for sharing your comments. YES, we do have an option to edit a saved entry (after tapping "Done"). Check out our GENERAL HELP page by tapping on the "i" (info) button located in the left-upper corner of the "Entries/Charts" screen. Tap on the "General Help" link and then scroll down to the section titled, "Viewing, Copying, Deleting, or Adding to the Contents of a Diary Entry." Look down at item #6 where we discuss our app's "Copy/Edit" feature. Regarding the problem you shared using the "Add Pain" layer feature, we have not seen or heard of this being a problem on the devices we have tested, but it looks like we missed something. Please tell us what Apple device and version of iOS software you are using. If you would give us these details, we can investigate this issue and get it fixed. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the information we requested.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Nanolume, LLC
- 136.9 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2014-2022 Nanolume® LLC. All rights reserved. Patent Pending.
- In-App Purchases
- Unlimited Diary Entries $0.00
- Numbness $0.00
- Interactive Summary & Animation $0.00
- Copy and Edit a Previous Pain Entry $0.00
- Custom Pain Types $0.00