Stream music on-demand, download music for offline playback, and create playlists of your favorite songs.
Subscribe to Napster today and gain access to over 60 million* songs.
To support the creative, vibrant musician community, Napster charges a monthly fee. There’s no commitment—cancel anytime on web or mobile. We love artists!!
How does Napster work?
- Napster is Ad free. Listen to your favorite music without interruption.
- Download unlimited songs and playlists right to your iPhone or iPad to play offline; listen anywhere, anytime
- Stream music with your account to hundreds of compatible devices. And audio hardware including Sonos, Wii U, Chromecast, Denon, etc.
- Use the Apple Watch app to control and access your favorite music**
- Find new music you love through similar listening tastes of fellow Napster users around the world with our global Listener Network technology.
Looking for Rhapsody? Rhapsody is now Napster.
The auto-renewing monthly charge through iTunes Account for $12.99 (+ applicable taxes) will start at confirmation of purchase.
Your monthly subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
Your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, with a monthly charge or $12.99 (+ applicable taxes).
Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
* Catalogue availability may vary by country or region
** Requires a Premier subscription or above
Connect with Napster
Visit Us: https://www.napster.com
- Enjoy the redesigned Home and Explore screens! Even more music that you love right at your fingertips
- You can now enjoy Napster in dark mode. Reduce eye strain, conserve battery power and take in the new look. Check it out in your device settings.
- iPad app has been updated - big time. Refreshed user interface from the ground up, better than ever.
- Several bug fixes and performance improvements
- Be sure to keep Automatic Updates enabled to get our newest updates as soon as they’re available
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
It’s all there but not everything is cool
Rarely is there a song/artist I can’t find. Deep tracks Country tracks etc etc etc. It’s really all there. That’s the good stuff. Now the other side. It locks up way too often. Even though we have the premium version I get other users & the app stops & forces me to have to press OK & then go back to my music even though there is not the max players on my account in use. It also will just lock up for no reason which makes me have to shut it down & restart to get it to respond.
So to sum it up. Good music choices but way to many cliches along the way. If I didn’t have so many music song lists developed I may have moved on already
Hot or miss. A crappy app that could be much better
Although I’ve subscribed to this app for years, there is much that drives my bonkers about this app. The search engine is completely useless. Sometimes it requires investigating just to find certain albums from certain artists. It can not be assumed that all albums are listed under the “all albums “ tab. Also many albums by some artists are not available. Example, even though all Beatles mono mixes are available on CD doesn’t mean you’ll find them here. The most annoying part is the time it takes to load a new track when one is finished playing. You’d think with the speed offered to these music services, they’d be able to allow tracks to flow uninterrupted as is the case with any CD. Removing songs from a playlist is difficult and cumbersome. If I decide I want to remove a song from a playlist there should be an option while the track is playing to make a two click system that will remove it. There are plenty of other options listed while listening to a track, it should include an option for removing a song from a playlist. Lastly, would it kill them to include a small biography about the artist and album you are listening too? All in all an ok app that could be made great by these upgrades.
Developer Response ,
Sorry to hear this! We'd like to help. Message us http://on.napster.com/29xKc53& & we'll look into it. Thanks!
Going Good For Now
Update: Please fix the favorites section. It doesn’t refresh anymore in your downloads section but it does it in your library section which is really annoying.
This app has had its bumps along the road but things have been running as smoothly as can be expected on this ever-changing iOS platform. I do like it and I like the layout of the downloaded tracks category with album covers beside songs.
Unfortunately, the search function is still horrible. If you so much as miss a letter it won’t recognize what you’re looking for. Even then, it’s still hard to find certain songs even though they actually have the song in their catalog if you look hard enough. And I’ve noticed lately that they don’t have as much music as some other services. It’s usually not high profile music, just some random songs. For instance, I wanted this Psy song (not Gangdem Style, hate that song) and they didn’t have it though they have some of his other songs. Little things like that make me wanna switch sometimes but I’m gonna see how it goes for now. Hope things improve.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Rhapsody International Inc
- 146.4 MB
- Requires iOS 12.2 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.2 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.2 or later.
English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2020 Rhapsody International, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Napster | Rhapsody Premier $9.99
- Napster | Rhapsody Premier $12.99
- Napster | Rhapsody unRadio $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.