narwhal is a fast, gesture-based application to browse all of reddit. All of these features were designed from the ground up specifically for iOS:
- View any and all subreddits
- A seamless experience to see a link and its comments at the same time
- Voting on posts and comments through a simple swipe
- Hide and save links to your reddit account
- Add new posts to your favorite subreddit
- View all of your orangereds
- What are you waiting for!? It’s free, go ahead and download and browse reddit as much as you want!
We are always trying to make the best reddit experience, so come visit our subreddit /r/getnarwhal and let us know what you want to see next!
- Fixes issue with v.redd.it videos loading with sound but no video
From previous release:
Full iOS 13 compatibility with a lot of bug fixes :)
Also, added a new preference to sync light/night mode with iOS light/dark mode
- Fixed issue with iOS 13 volume bar not showing
- Fixed issue with haptic touch in web views. Unfortunately, I had to disable it as the default iOS 13 behavior appears to be broken. I'll try to re-enable soon!
- Fixed issue with passcode bypass on iOS 13 only
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
So much customization!
Coming from iAlien (which I was very happy with) was kinda weird. The menu bar being on the right than the left was hard to get used to also. BUT as time went on the app gained more traction and more customization options kept being added. Things like what happens to a video or post when force touching (for force touch compatible devices) or what icon you prefer to use. Dark and light mode with a single tap! No going through settings to change the mode when viewing at night or day. The font you read can be changed. Literally almost everything can be changed to your liking. You can even hide certain menu options that you find yourself never using at all. Hopefully one day they add an option to switch the menu tab from the right to left lol.
Recently a new tab was added called recently viewed and my goodness I did not know how much I actually would use that tab. I always find posts I find interesting but forget to save it and wouldn’t be able to find it later. Now I just go to that tab and it’s there! It’s super useful.
True black mode made this the go-to Reddit client
I was an Alienblue user when it was a good app. Then Reddit bought Alienblue just to destroy it and replace it with the official Reddit app which I only hear bad things about. Narwhal took the best of what users love about Alienblue and expanded upon it. The $4 to make this ad-free was more than worth it. The app is so good, the developers are selling t-shirts now due to demand. And now, with the update of true black mode, no more greyscale night mode; this things looks absurdly polished now. Just pick this up and never return to another Reddit client that leaves screen real estate to die on the sides or never go back to official Reddit nonsense.
Update: severe issues with multiple accounts. Sometimes I have to uninstall/reinstall to get back to my other account.
Inconsiderate icon design
The devs mentioned that a lot of people complain about the icon, but that they have no intention on changing it.
It's weird right. You don't see such complaints on other Reddit apps. But the devs are perfectly fine to tell you to go elsewhere if you are unhappy. Wouldn't it be polite to respect the user a bit.... Maybe not use a color scheme and art direction that clashes with every color scheme and wall paper you could pick? Many different people want a solid Reddit app. To go "well we like the design so we won't change it"... Isn't that an indicator of a developer who doesn't care? Any time this app is brought up, the design of it, the mascot eating bacon... The devs have no respect for the breadth of content that can be consumed on Reddit and how cohesive a dolphin eating bacon and a vegetarian subreddit might mesh. Or maybe adults who look at philosophy subreddit who are looking for a more serious experience. It's just a selfish decision, and I hope developers star really caring about what the people want.
Edit: and the fact that you can customize the app icon means nothing. This creepy cartoon is still everywhere in the interface.
- Rick Harrison
- 91.7 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2016-2019 robot swingset, llc
- In-App Purchases
- narwhal pro upgrade $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.