narwhal is a fast, gesture-based application to browse all of reddit. All of these features were designed from the ground up specifically for iOS:
- View any and all subreddits
- A seamless experience to see a link and its comments at the same time
- Voting on posts and comments through a simple swipe
- Hide and save links to your reddit account
- Add new posts to your favorite subreddit
- View all of your orangereds
- What are you waiting for!? It’s free, go ahead and download and browse reddit as much as you want!
We are always trying to make the best reddit experience, so come visit our subreddit /r/getnarwhal and let us know what you want to see next!
- Fixed a bug where certain gfycats would not load
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Best reddit app I’ve found.
I’m not one to leave a review typically, but this app is my most used by far and it deserves praise. The most used functions of reddit such as browsing and sorting through posts and comments are nicely designed and intuitive to navigate on both my iPhone and iPad. Though there are a multitude of options in menus and sub menus that I personally found confusing at times, there is no doubt you can make the app as simple or complex as you’d like. Signing into my reddit account was easy and has me replying to comment threads or scrolling through my favorite subs in no time. The developers constantly make minor tweaks and subtle improvements that keep the app running smooth as silk. My only gripe is going through my comment history and not being able to pull up the original post from my comment alone, but rather I would have to select the OP’s profile and scroll through to the post to open it. A minor inconvenience that I don’t feel warrants a less than 5-star review from me. Overall, if you’re looking for a great reddit browser for your iPhone or iPad, look no further than Narwhal.
So much customization!
Coming from iAlien (which I was very happy with) was kinda weird. The menu bar being on the right than the left was hard to get used to also. BUT as time went on the app gained more traction and more customization options kept being added. Things like what happens to a video or post when force touching (for force touch compatible devices) or what icon you prefer to use. Dark and light mode with a single tap! No going through settings to change the mode when viewing at night or day. The font you read can be changed. Literally almost everything can be changed to your liking. You can even hide certain menu options that you find yourself never using at all. Hopefully one day they add an option to switch the menu tab from the right to left lol.
Recently a new tab was added called recently viewed and my goodness I did not know how much I actually would use that tab. I always find posts I find interesting but forget to save it and wouldn’t be able to find it later. Now I just go to that tab and it’s there! It’s super useful.
I think this app is one of the best ways of browsing reddit on my iPad. However, there is one complain I have: The left sidebar, where you scroll through the list of posts in a sub, is just too narrow.
There is the <-> icon at the top of the screen, but, from what I can tell, it can only be used to make the comments section on the right even bigger, but there is no way to make the topic section on the left any bigger than a narrow bar. Since every post title takes up multiple vertical lines, you can see fewer of them on the screen at once, and it takes a lot more scrolling to get through a sub than it would if there was a way to make the list wider (so that each topic takes up only one).
I would like to see:
- An option to at least split the screen 30/70, 50/50, or 70/30, between the topics list and comments view. This could be done by simply adding a couple more buttons at the top, near the existing one.
- And/or I think it would be nice to be able to use a horizontal 2 finger swipe gesture to slide the divider back and forth (essentially doing what the <-> is doing, only adding the ability to 2-finger swipe to the right to shrink comments and expand topics list).
- An option or button to set it so that the posts/topics list takes up a majority of the screen while you’re scrolling through it, until you tap on a post, which will automatically expand the article/comments side of the screen.
- Rick Harrison
- 95.2 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Unrestricted Web Access
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2016-2019 robot swingset, llc
- In-App Purchases
- narwhal pro upgrade $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.