Nassau County introduces “NASSAU CARES”, a smartphone app to provide easy connection with substance abuse resources and services in our community.
• Nassau CARES is a digital resource for Nassau County residents with the main goal of accessing substance use and mental health treatment & information easier.
• Provides free and confidential information on mental health and substance use, referrals, support, and crisis intervention.
• Provides linkages to opioid overdose and addiction and Naloxone/Narcan trainings.
• Provides access to local emergency and crisis intervention services
• Assists users in finding mental health or chemical dependency services that meet their needs.
• 227-TALK helpline staff will answer callers’ questions and provide guidance, support, and linkages to countywide community programs and services including Nassau County, New York mobile crisis team for adults and children.
Nassau CARES (New York)
Connecting people with critical community resources such as 24/7 Helpline, suicide and crisis hotline via telephone.
Accessing emergency and crisis services including psychiatric ER, detoxification, open access clinic, mobile clinic, urgent care centers, and respite services.
Resource directory for mental health, substance use, and chemical dependency treatment and prevention programs.
• Education and Opioid overdose prevention
Behavioral health awareness training and education including Narcan, Opioid overdose prevention, and Mental Health First Aid training.
• Support and Information
Helpful online resources, links, and mobile apps regarding behavioral health services including: mental health and substance use warning signs, signs and symptoms of opioid use, suicide prevention, disaster response, and Nassau County’s Directory of Mental Health, Chemical Dependency, and Developmental Disabilities Services.
Ratings and Reviews
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.