The National Aquarium’s official App offers the ultimate guide to the Baltimore Inner Harbor’s No. 1 attraction. With fun facts, visitor tips, event information, guide maps and more, you’re guaranteed to have the best Aquarium experience possible.
• Learn all about our award-winning exhibits and animals, including their favorite hiding spots and caretaker tips.
• Discover the sights and sounds of the Aquarium through imagery, video and audio.
• Never get lost! Navigate the Aquarium with a built-in, interactive map.
• Set reminders for animal encounters, feedings and other educational activities.
• Share stunning, professional photos of our animals with family and friends.
• Sign up for conservation events like shark tagging, dune restoration and more.
Updated audio wireless tour for visually-impaired guests.
Thank you for supporting the National Aquarium and our mission to preserve the world’s aquatic treasures. If you enjoy using this app during your visit, please consider writing a review!
Ratings and Reviews
This app has potential
I think you've hit spot on with the information and schedule tabs (i love that you can add to your personal calendar). I'd say the map needs a bit of work as the words were so small I had to zoom in, which meant I had to scroll around instead of getting a full picture - I ended up using the paper map the whole time. Also, another thing that would be really cool is if you had an option on the Animals tab to make them as found/seen. That way next time I'll know what I missed this time. Otherwise, very cool place. Glad you at least have that app, it's a great idea!
I love that it has a map, daily schedule, and a catalog of all the animals. What I wish it did: a member sign in, so I can renew my membership right through the app with Apple Pay. My member card in the Wallet app that is linked to the app also doesn’t update with membership level and expiration date, and a member sign-in could make sure that happens.
Good potential …
This app has lots of information about the aquarium, including daily events and maps. My problem using it while in the aquarium was that whenever I looked at the list of the day's events, it got stuck and would not allow me to move to any other feature. I had to exit the app and start it again. Also the aquarium provides Wi-Fi, but most of the time the signal seemed so weak that it took forever to display some elements. It was frustrating enough that I gave up using it after four or five attempts.(And unfortunately, directional signage wasn't as good as it could be within the aquarium. That said, it's a wonderful place to spend three or four hours.)
- National Aquarium in Baltimore Inc
- 78.6 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © National Aquarium
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.