National Geographic Traveler is the world’s most widely read travel magazine. Through powerful storytelling and photography, each issue inspires curious readers with stories that show the transformative power of travel. Go beyond the usual tourist fare for authentic experiences—many from a local’s point of view—with expert advice and tips for travel that is sustainable and smart.
Here are the details of our subscription offers:
- Annual subscription: $15.99 (6 issues)
- Monthly subscription: $1.99 per month (6 issues)
- Single issues: $3.99/issue
- Back issues are available starting with our Jan/Feb 2012 issue.
- Subscriptions do not include content from magazines published by National Geographic Partners, LLC other than the National Geographic Traveler magazine.
• Payment will be processed through your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase.
• Your subscription will automatically renew per the billing cycle of your subscription (i.e., monthly or yearly) 24-hours before the end of the current period, and your credit card will be charged through your iTunes account.
• The renewal charge for your Subscription shall be the same as the original purchase price, unless you are otherwise notified in advance.
• To avoid the billing of fees for the next Subscription period, you must switch off your monthly or yearly Subscription at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
• You can turn off auto-renew at any time from your iTunes account settings.
• You will not receive a refund for the fees you already paid for your current Subscription period and you will continue to have access to your Subscription until the end of your current Subscription period.
• National Geographic provides no refunds and you may cancel auto-renewal at any time. All sales are final.
• After purchase via iTunes, you will have unlimited access on this device.
Thank you for your feedback. This version contains the following updates:
• Fixes a bug that prevented some users from not being able to Restore Purchases.
• Fixes a bug that sometimes logged users out of the app on subsequent visits.
Dear subscribers, the National Geographic Magazine International app has been rebuilt to ensure you retain access to your existing subscriptions and purchases. This change is necessary to ensure you retain access to the issues you have purchased in the past, and to allow National Geographic to improve upon the experience going forward. Previous versions of this app were based on a platform that did not allow us to perform improvements to the user and content experience, nor address any bugs.
Ratings and Reviews
App still not working, a nightmare
Was excited that finally the new app would work. I was able to download the magazines from the last subscription. So I renewed my subscription but now I can’t download anything from the new subscription. I logged in only to be thrown into a cycle of putting my email and password for it not to be recognized (I’m sure it’s the right one) and being sent to a cycle of choosing a new password which still does not allow me to log in because my identity can’t be verified. So in short, another year of subscription wasted.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for contacting us here at National Geographic. If you can please download the latest version of the app which should clear up any issues.
Big improvement with 2.0 update
What had been a nonfunctional app now works and I am able to download my subscribed magazines.
The app seems to log you out each time it is closed but at least now you can sign back in anytime a new issue is available.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for contacting us with your feedback. We are glad that you are enjoying the app.
The logout issue has been presented to our product team for review and eventual resolution.
New Format is a step backward
I just lost all my issues from 2010 to now and can't get them back without paying again. How can a top rated App turn into a disaster? My comments below show the frustration with the new issues but now I can't even get the old ones I pad for. 2010, 2011, 2012 all inaccessible? This is crazy.
----------Previous Comments Below----------------------------------
I do not like the new Landscape format. The page does not fit on the IPad screen and you have to scroll to see the whole page. Why? It also loads as you navigate rather all at once like on issues before May 2012. It is very irritating. I have loved this app from day one but if they don't go back to the old version or correct the new one I will not renew. Might even try to get my money back for future issues. I will not read May and June/July as they drive me nuts. Talk about messing up a good thing, this new version is a major blunder. I would not subscribe to the new higher price for a complete bust. RJL
It's now Aug 31 and I looked again and still no change. How sad to have an App you love destroyed by a supposed upgrade but is a "Downgrade". I hope someone takes control from who ever is responsible. I'm very sad.:(
- National Geographic Partners, LLC
- 40.7 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © National Geographic Partners
- In-App Purchases
- National Geographic Traveler Magazine $15.99
- National Geographic Traveler Magazine $1.99
- National Geographic Traveler $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.