Download the most comprehensive Hurricane Tracker app for iOS.
MAIN FEATURES INCLUDE:
+ GOES Satellite Imagery Animations
+ National Hurricane Center Products
+ National Weather Service Alerts
+ Weather Prediction Center Graphics
+ Tropical Weather Push Notifications
+ Spaghetti Models
GRAPHICAL PRODUCTS INCLUDE:
- Spaghetti Models
- 5-Day Tropical Weather Outlook
- 2-Week Global Tropics Hazards Outlook
- 3-Day Excessive Rainfall Outlook
- 7-Day Quantitative Precipitation Forecast
Storm Specific Graphics
- Key Messages
- Cone Track Forecast
- Tropical Storm Wind (Most Likely)
- Tropical Storm Wind (Earliest)
- Hurricane Wind Probability
- Surface Wind Field
- Surface Wind Analysis
- Wind / Track History
- Rainfall Forecast
- Flash Flood Risk
Local Storm Threat Graphics
- Flooding Rain Threat
- Wind Threat
- Surge Threat
- Tornado Threat
- Rainfall Totals
- Wind Warnings
Note: Local threat graphics are typically not available until shortly before storm landfall.
TEXT PRODUCTS INCLUDE:
- Tropical Weather Outlook
- Forecast Advisories
- Public Advisories
- Forecast Office Discussion
- Local Statement (HLS)
- Local Warnings (TCV)
- Tropical Discussion
- Wind Analysis
WEATHER MAP OVERLAYS INCLUDE:
- Hurricane Track & Intensity
- Potential Storm Surge Flooding
- NASA Sea Surface Temperature
- NOAA Weather Radar
GOES SATELLITE IMAGERY INCLUDES:
Fifteen (15) Satellite Imagery Filters
- Visible (Band 2)
- Near IR (Bands 4 & 5)
- Infrared (Bands 7, 8, 9, 10, 13, 14 & 16)
- Nighttime Microphysics
- Day Cloud Phase
- True Color
- Air Mass
-- PRO SUBSCRIPTION FEATURES --
More than sixty (60+) new hurricane tracking products were added for the 2020 Hurricane Season. These features include:
Full Screen, High Resolution Satellite Imagery:
- Latest Image
- Animated Loop
- Geostationary Lightning Mapper (GLM)
- Mesoscale: Near Real-time Imagery
Mesoscale imagery typically has 1-minute temporal resolution, but is not always available for each storm.
16-day Weather Forecast Models:
- Global Forecast System (GFS)
- Global Ensemble Forecast System (GEFS)
- North American Ensemble (NAEFS)
Weather Simulation Forecast Models:
- Hi-Res Rapid Refresh (HRRR)
- Hi-Res Ensemble Forecast (HREF)
- North American Mesoscale (NAM)
- Hi-Res North American Mesoscale
- High Resolution Window
(HRW-NMMB, HRW-ARW, HRW-ARW2)
- WaveWatch III (WW3)
- European Centre for Medium-Range Weather
HMON & HWRF Hurricane Forecast Models
Experimental Forecast Animations:
- Simulated Radar 2km
- Surface Pressure, Wind
- 200mb Temp, Ht, Wind
- 700mb RH, Ht, Wind
- 850mb Vort, Wind, Thick
Model Analysis & Guidance Animations:
- 6h Total Precipitation
- 10m Wind
- 200mb Vort, Wind, Ht
- 500mb Relative Humidity
- 500mb Vort, Wind, Ht
- 700mb Vort, Wind, Ht
- 850mb Vort, Wind, Ht
- 850mb 500 Ht, 200mb Wind
Static Forecast Products
* Track, Intensity and Pressure graphics include spaghetti plots when available. Models included in spaghetti graphics include: HWRF, HMON, CTCX, AVNO, SHF5 & OFCL.
NCEP / EMC Cyclogenesis Tracking Products
- 10-day Probability of Formation
- 16-day Storm Forecast Tracks
CIMSS Tropical Cyclone Products
- Wind Vorticity & Shear Analysis
- Steering Layer Analysis
- Morphed Integrated Microwave Imagery
- Advanced Dvorak Technique (ADTV9.0)
ADT Includes imagery, wind radii estimates & trends
Interactive Hurricane Tracker Map
- Track & Intensity Forecast
- Preliminary Best Track Analysis
TERMS & CONDITIONS
In total, there are now over 100+ hurricane / weather tracking products to help you stay informed during hurricane season.
+ Fixed a few minor bugs
Thank you for the positive feedback!
-- Version 1.6.X --
+ Added over 60 new hurricane tracking products for the 2020 hurricane season:
- Full screen, high resolution satellite imagery
- 16-day Weather Forecast Models
(GFS / GEFS / NAEFS)
- High Resolution Weather Simulations
- HMON & HWRF Hurricane Forecast Models
- Interactive Hurricane Tracker Map
- NCEP Cyclogenesis Products
- CIMSS Tropical Cyclone Products
- Hurricane Model Trend Analysis Graphics
- New HWRF Experimental Forecast Products
- ECMWF 10-day Forecast Model
- Geostationary Lightning Mapper (GLM)
+ Re-optimized the UI for iPad
In total, there are now over 100+ hurricane / weather tracking products to help you stay informed during hurricane season. The new features are available through a Pro Subscription.
Note: All 40+ tracking products seen in the app preview video & screenshots do NOT require a Pro Subscription.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great app and getting better with every release!
I’ve been using this app for a while now. Originally, I was just looking for a way to view NHC images easily on mobile. Their web page isn’t the greatest on a mobile browser. When I found this app, it was exactly that. Not many features at that point, but it worked well and was easy to navigate. Basically, it just had the images along with a radar. Every release since then has improved the app and there is now so much interesting information.
If you live in an area where paying attention to hurricane forecasts is important, there isn’t a better app!
Developer Response ,
Wow, thank you for the great review and I’m glad you are enjoying all of the new features.
This app is marginally better than going to the NOAA website. Push notifications are nice. Satellite page loads all of the loop images before displaying. What if i don’t want the loop? I have to wait for all the images to load? What if i have a slow connection? The interactive map is beta quality in my opinion. It takes forever to update; you need the eyes of a five year old to read the minuscule fonts on the storm. Oh, you can zoom in and read it just fine....that is until it updates then back to the fonts for ants. Tapping on the storm does nothing; does not bring up any info. I would pay $20 to get Hurricane Pro or an equivalent app back. So far I have found nothing that even comes close. Some features in the latest version of this app may be worth $2 for some. For me only because nobody can seem to put out anything better.
Developer Response ,
Hi EBallon, a lot has changed since Sep 3, 2018. The latest update (1.6.8) has addressed all of your previous feedback. There are new satellite imagery viewing features, including the option to only view the latest image, rather than the entire animation as you mention. There is a new Interactive Storm map feature that has significantly faster load times, has font that is easy to read, and allows for tapping on the various forecast tracks. Please take a look at the updates and let me know what you think.
Lastly, please consider editing your review to reflect the most recent app version, as your review relates to Version 1.1.6, which is almost 2 years old. Thank you!
New user to this app
We live in the midwest, own 2 houses in St. John, USVI. We were hit hard 2 years ago and have been using the NHC NOAA website daily during hurricane season. Just found this app today. I like the different map views. They provide quick and easy differentiation to multiple aspects. Also works well over the mainland. I would like to see these maps in action for the next official hurricane. I had no issues whatsoever giving 2 bucks to the store. 2 suggestions: Larger Atlantic overview if possible. All these storms originate from the African coast and I couldnt see that area very well; also it might provide a larger picture if the app would rotate to landscape view when i turn the device sideways. Thank you to the developer for all the work you have invested.
Developer Response ,
Hi DaWaKKaR, just wanted to check in because your review was written about a year ago and the app has changed quite a bit in 2020. At your earliest convenience, please update to Version 1.6.8 and let me know what you think.
Lastly, please consider editing your review to reflect the most recent updates.
- LW Brands, LLC
- 166.5 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © LW Brands, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Pro Subscription (Yearly) $4.99
- Pro Subscription (Monthly) $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.