“This is a really gorgeous storybook app! If you are looking for an interactive, high quality storybook app to explain the story of Jesus' birth, then we have a new top pick for you. ”
• Sarah Emerling - www.FunEducationalApps.com
“The animation is top notch. The music and sound effects fit the story perfectly. The narration is beautifully done. Overall, this is a great addition to your eBook collection that the entire family will enjoy discovering together.”
• Kevin McNeese - www.ChristianiPhoneApps.com
“...the right amount of interactivity to keep children entertained, focused and engaged.”
• Amy Solomon - www.GiggleApps.com
“Readers young and old will find themselves drawn into this traditional story and will want to read it again and again during the holiday season.”
• Kevin McNeese - www.ChristianiPhoneApps.com
The Bible story of the first Christmas is retold with a fun, interactive and magical approach for children ages 3-8. This beautifully-illustrated eBook is inspired by vintage pop-up books, giving kids lots of opportunities to interact. Children will love the characters and the story. Parents and grandparents will love its nostalgic style, as they share together the story of the birth of Jesus Christ.
ABOUT THE STORY
Where will baby Jesus be born? At the market? At a restaurant? At the inn? Readers follow Joseph and Mary on their search for a place to stay in Bethlehem. Along the way they encounter a variety of colorful local people and animals.
WHY KIDS LOVE THIS APP
• It's like a vintage pop-up book, with classic woodcut-style illustrations.
• By tapping and swiping, kids can help Joseph and Mary find a place to stay.
• Knock on doors... Pull on the rope... Ring the bell... Open windows... Make people talk...
• Create music! Help a band of angels play their instruments.
• Lots of characters to get to know: Innkeeper, Merchant, Shepherds, Chef, A Band of Actors, Neighbourhood Children, Mary's Donkey, Farm Animals and of course... Angels!
• Funny sound effects and character voices!
WHY PARENTS AND GRANDPARENTS LOVE THIS APP
• Nostalgia. It feels like a classic pop-up book, bringing back memories for parents and grandparents.
• Optional Narration: Listen to the old-timey narrator tell the story, or read the story yourself.
• EXTRA Feature: After the story, explore the original Bible text that tells the Nativity Story.
• Amazing Visual Quality: Support for retina display
• A fun and appealing way to share the original Story of Christmas with the next generation.
AND THERE'S MORE...
• This App Makes A Great Present! You can send this story as a gift to someone you love.
• Now includes professional narration and text in 3 languages:
English - The Nativity Story
French - Récit de la Nativité
Spanish - Historia de Navidad
Share the Nativity Story with the next generation and remind them what Christmas is all about.
Please leave a review if you like our app. Thanks!
Minor visual updates and optimization
Ratings and Reviews
Kids love Christmas and kids love apps. That is pretty much the story in our home. Each year my wife and I try to do our best to keep the focus on the “reason for the season.” So when a new app comes along that is interactive and scripturally based, you can bet I was interested.
This app is really unique and catching to the eye. It’s an inexpensive way to allow your children to interact with the most important story of the season. We downloaded both the iPhone and iPad apps. The kids seem to prefer the iPad just because it is larger and easier to see. Either way, they are both worth the download. There is no greater time than today to download the app and allow your children to begin focusing on where it all began.
Once downloaded you can choose English, French, or Spanish. Then the viewer decides to "Read to Me" or "Read by Myself." Each page "opens" like a popup book, showing depth. The story is interactive as many pages include "comment" signs which can be tapped to hear what the character is saying. Sometimes windows open with people behind them or you can move the donkey with a swipe of your finger or ring the bell. Each time I viewed a page, I found something else to push, pull, or move. The rhyming lines tell an interactive and child-driven story of Mary and Joseph's journey to Bethlehem and birth of Jesus. The extra feature allows you to explore the Bible text.
There were a few points that were a little strange. A woman speaks and sounds like a man and the Bible story was stretched to add fun and childhood understanding.
Over all my son enjoyed this app and sat very entertained when I had him give it a trial run.
Great App No Matter Your Age
I was really happy to be able to review the The Nativity Story App. I like you can download it onto your iPhone or iPad.
First of all I love how simple and easy this app is to use. Second thing I love about it was that you could either read it by yourself or you could have it read to you. Plus if you have it read to you, you can push on the character's on certain pages and the character's will add a little extra.
I also really like the fact that it can be read in 3 different languages.
It's a great story to get you in the holiday spirit. It's also a great tale about Mary and Joesph and Jesus. That can be told over and over again.
My children really enjoyed listening to it being read to them. Especially my 6 year old. And even though it's suggested for children 3-8 years old. My 10, 11, and 12 year olds enjoyed listening to it.
I would definitely suggest this app to anyone with young children. Though it's enjoyable for everyone in the family.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.