Natural Food Guide focuses on fresh and healthy foods. It is the perfect companion for everyone who loves to cook. You can quickly create your own recipes and estimate their nutritive value. Whether you are an athlete who wants to push their body to its limits, or you want to lose weight or prevent health issues – nutrition is the key to a healthy lifestyle!
The app is stuffed with information and provides answers to countless questions related to nutrition: What is the omega-6 to omega-3 ratio of linseed oil? What is the glycemic index of basmati rice? What is the best dietary strategy for lowering high blood pressure naturally? What are suitable low nickel foods for those allergic to nickel?
Thanks to several customized profiles you can easily follow different dietary strategies:
• Lower blood pressure
• Healthy fats
• Low glycemic load
• Low carb
• Natural foods
• Vegetarian and vegan diet
• Low nickel diet for nickel allergy sufferers
General nutrition facts
Calories, water content, salt, protein, carbohydrates, sugars, starch, fibers, fat, saturated fat, monounsaturated fat, polyunsaturated fat, eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA), docosahexaenoic acid (DHA), α-linolenic acid (ALA), linolic acid, omega-6/omega-3 ratio, cholesterol, glycemic index, glycemic load
Minerals and micronutrients
Calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, sodium, zinc, copper, manganese, selenium, iodine, nickel
Vitamin A, vitamin B1, vitamin B2, vitamin B3, vitamin B5, vitamin B6, folic acid, vitamin B12, vitamin C, vitamin D, vitamin E, vitamin K
• Create your own recipes
• Add foods to your list of favorites
• Sort foods by nutrition values
• Combine multiple filter criteria, e.g. low sugar and high vitamin C
• Recommended daily intake of nutrients
• Display nutritional values per 3 oz., 100 g or serving size
• Detailed analysis of more than 1000 foods
• Food list in several languages: German, French, Spanish and Dutch
• We tweaked the order of the categories for a quicker access to your recipes, notes and favorites.
• With the help of your feedback we were able to make some improvements to the new recipe feature.
• You can collectively add all ingredients of your recipe to the shopping list.
• You can now see the total glucose load of each food or meal.
• We improved the sort order of the search results.
• There are several minor detail improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
I gave this app four stars because it’s missing one key feature. It doesn’t let me create a “favorites list”. It would be cool if I could keep all the foods that I’ve looked up and like in one place, instead of having to write them down in a note pad. Then I would give it five stars!!!
I am primarily interested in glycemic load, and the app does a good job there. 5 stars will require some name brands to be listed in the database, in addition to the generic foods.
Excellent app. I was looking for something like this for a while. Any one serious about nutrition and health, should download.
Looking forward to more content and updates.
- Baliza GmbH
- 45.7 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, German, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © Baliza GmbH
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.