Navstar process and segment the raw data your device (GPS receiver) is getting from the satellite network. This data complements many of the features that Navstar offer, the following:
Inside the GPS tab
- Altitude from sea level, with the correction of the device barometer.
- Temperature and atmospheric pressure. (Touching the icon updates the value)
- UV (Ultraviolet) Index shows you the risk of harm from unprotected sun exposure. (Touching the icon updates the value)
- Compass with 32 points of references.
- Visual guidance (a cute little ball) that moves around the compass and always points to the geographical coordinates where the hike started.
- Geolocation: country, city, and province.
- Coordinates in different formats.
- You can take a screenshot of your current altitude and location.
Inside the Hike tab
- Track your hike in the map.
- The distance traveled is updated in real-time.
- The elapsed time.
- The current speed.
- You can delimiter your hike inside a circular safe zone, and the app warns you when you enter or exit this zone.
- Touching a map annotation shows the coordinates for that location with the option to share it with apps like Waze, Google Map, or just plain text.
- When the hike is over the app shows you a summary of your walk, where you can add a description and choose to save it or not.
Inside the History tab
- List of all your saved hikes.
- You can delete a hike.
- You can edit a hike and change the associated description.
- You can load a hike and visualize it in the map (at the Hike tab) including the distance traveled and rest of information.
Inside the Reports tab
- A summary of the distance and top altitude you have covered and reach during your saved hikes.
- A graphical comparison between all your saved walks, segmented in the last seven days, the current month and a custom date range you can choose.
- You can also take a screenshot of these reports in a simple way.
Inside the Settings tab
- You can customize units and formats.
- You can customize the magnetic declination.
- You can customize the type of the map from Standard, Satellite, or Hybrid.
- You can enable or disable the visual guidance on the GPS tab.
- You can choose from two of the available algorithms used to measure the distance covered during your hikes.
- You can prevent the screen from auto-lock when using Navstar.
- The “About” section where you can know a litter more about me and contact me if you wish.
That’s all for now, folks. I want you to know that your feedback is essential to us. You can send your comments and suggestions through the “About” section inside Navstar, and also to:
navstar [at] swiftbycoding [dot] dev
@NavstarApp at Twitter
If you are enjoying the app, please leave us a rating and a review here at the App Store. Thank you!
-- Goodbye bugs
Nobody likes bugs, so I have squashed quite a few in this release to make our experience better.
-- Welcome improvements
The GPS tab has been restructured looking for a more scalable design. The compass is now a member of a paginated section together with the outdoor temperature and ultraviolet index.
All areas of the app have beneficial from the many improvements of this version.
-- I will love to hear from you
I value your feedback, so if you have something to share (let say improvements, new features, etc.) then contact me via email at:
If you are enjoying the app, please leave us a rating and a review here at the App Store.
- Josue V. Herrera
- 11.6 MB
Requires iOS 12.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad Air Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2 Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2 Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3 Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4 Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (9.7‑inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (10.5‑inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Wi‑Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11‑inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (3rd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini (5th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Air (3rd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (7th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (11‑inch) (2nd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, and iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (4th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2018 Josue V. Herrera
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.