Nebula is smart, thoughtful videos from your favorite education-y creators. New videos, back catalog, and Nebula Originals.
Video service algorithms reward videos that are easy to click on, easy to watch, and easy to share, because that’s what makes them money. Because of that, when we want to make things that are different — when we want to try something new — the algorithm gets scared and buries the video. It’s designed to keep us in our lane.
So we created Nebula, a streaming video platform that we control, so we can use it to try new things, explore new formats, and share more behind the scenes content.
• Exclusive Nebula Originals every month
• Follow your favorite creators
• Get notifications when your favorites release a new video
• Be the first to see new videos
• Download videos to watch offline
• Coming soon: even more ways to directly support the creators you love
• Look everyone, keyboard shortcuts for the iPad video player!
• Sometimes the app would crash when loading a video description. We put an end to that nonsense.
• Brave iPadOS beta users noticed that our tab labels were truncated. We fixed that too.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
5 stars for a bright future
I am hoping Nebula will give YT a run for its money. In the meantime I have subscribed hoping to see more creators (the ones already there are excellent).
1. Please open (or make more visible) a way for subscribers to talk to you guys. Discord, a forum, anything.
2. Make a Roku app (and likely other platforms) without one, YT will remain at the top of my list.
3. I hope more creators are on the way, especially musicians. 12 tones is already there, but we need more. History guy would be great too.
Find a way to tell out favorite Youtuber about you. Some of us are willing to work harder at it, but most of your revenue will come from other people.
Great idea for a service, but the UI needs work.
So I heard about this service from several YouTubers, and while it’s definitely a great idea, I do find the app’s interface rather frustrating.
This seems nitpicky, but the thing that struck me immediately was the sheer amount of wasted screen real estate that’s taken up by titles and covers. It feels like there’s at least a 50-50 (or perhaps even 70-30) split between titles and content. Ideally, that should be weighed more heavily in favor of the content, but it’s not, and that’s more than a little irritating.
I’m still very much interested in seeing how far this develops as a service, but for now, the app needs work.
It’s great but just needs one small fix.
So I got Nebula with the CuriosityStream bundle, and I have to say that the app feels great, the ui is good, the content presentation is awesome. But what really annoys me is in full screen mode, the status bar does not hide, it’s always there. I think that this really degrades the immersive experience of full screen mode. If I need to see the status bar I can: exit full screen mode, or swipe down from the top right corner of the screen to bring up control center.
If you make this simple little ui fix, then I will change my rating to five stars.
- Standard Broadcast LLC
- 10 MB
Requires iOS 13.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © Standard
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.