Turn your iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch into your FAVORITE teacher of German.
◆ The most essential words and phrases of the language, each with native speaker audio.
◆ Master your accent with the Speech Studio. Simply record yourself saying a phrase and then hear your voice next to the teacher’s. You’ll be AMAZED how quickly your foreign accent melts away.
◆ All audio is downloaded to the device and accessible even in airplane mode or without expensive international roaming fees.
◆ Nemo is NOT BUILT AROUND LESSONS at all. It is meant to be picked up and put down throughout the day, whenever you have a few minutes to spare.
◆ Builds a foundation of German empowering you to speak CONFIDENTLY in EVERYDAY CONVERSATIONS.
◆ NO PRIOR KNOWLEDGE of German required.
Nemo® is specially DESIGNED to tap the remarkable power of your mobile device, and your brain, to their fullest.
PERSONALIZED FOR YOU
Nemo is your personal trainer, tracking your PROGRESS across every single word and phrase.
◆ Practice German the way you'll use it. Nemo is fully customizable.
◆ Nemo immerses you in the sounds of German so you naturally speak with ease.
◆ Dive into WHAT YOU WANT to learn at any time.
◆ You control which words to practice – skip words you don’t want to learn or already know.
◆ Turn on Review Mode to study what you practiced earlier in the day to BOOST your memory retention.
◆ Hear English descriptions of all words, in a flashcard format.
◆ Quiz your mastery of the vocabulary.
◆ Nemo introduces words to you progressively to develop familiarity and reviews them at the right moment so they enter your LONG TERM MEMORY.
TARGET THE MOST COMMON WORDS
Maximize your time investment by targeting the most basic and high frequency words of the language.
Upgrade to the complete version to:
◆ Get off the beaten path or find comfort with DIRECTIONS, TRAVEL and HOTEL phrases.
◆ Decode menus with the most common FOOD words.
◆ Shop and find bargains like an insider with must-know SHOPPING phrases.
◆ Learn words useful for your time in germany.
◆ Build your proficiency with the most important verbs and SENTENCE BUILDING BLOCKS in German.
◆ Spark new friendships with COMPLIMENTS and CONVERSATION STARTERS.
Use your new skills to make friends, impress old friends, bring smiles to children, get out of jams, experience new things, speak confidently, and make your travel and cultural experience more rich and fulfilling.
Download this FREE app now!
Thank you for all of your encouraging messages! We read all of your feedback. This update fixes a few minor issues reported by users.
Ratings and Reviews
This app is honestly really good I’ve tried to learn German before on Duolingo but I have never had the drive to do it. But this app makes me want to learn German everyday cause it’s way better at teaching beginners especially with the two sided cards and the voice thing where you can record yourself then hear them back. And the thing where you can hear them pronounce the words slowly so you can get down the accent perfectly. I really love this app I’ve learned more German words in the week I’ve had this app than I did in the 5 months I used Duolingo. Duo is good for some but personally I learn better visually and with hearing stuff. But that’s just me I would definitely recommend for anyone trying to learn German.
The app is okay but the price is insane!! Other than that here are recommendations for the developers:
1) Nouns should be shown with their article. For example, it should say “der Apfel” instead of “Apfel” and then a little “m” underneath it. That small change would help people memorize the article so much better and articles are everything in German.
2) Non-nouns should be shown uncapitalized. It makes it more clear that it is not a noun and is a adjective/adverb/noun/whatever and will help people more quickly process it.
3) The bottom bar that you move to show your familiarity with a certain vocab word is hard to access with newer phones, as it thinks you are trying to close the app. Make it bigger and/or move it somewhere else. Also don’t make the bar so exact; three notches of not familar, somewhat familiar, and mastered would suffice.
4. Create a more efficient mode of learning the vocab. Make one where you don’t have to do one word at a time, like a list of vocab words or something. Show a word in German that you have to type in English. Put mini-quizzes like matching words.
5. Make it free, you’ve earned enough money by now and have certainly payed off all the costs of making the app. Universalize education.
Feel free to steal my ideas I want this app to finally be worth the money I paid!!
Why doesn't this have more buzz?
Fantastic app. I love that I can control how quickly words are spoken and/or introduced. I love that you can pick subject matter to practice, or just work your way through the whole library with a little from here. A little from there. I love that I can practice hands/eyes free while I'm driving, working out, cleaning the house, etc... Excellent variety of actual useful words & phrases. At $10 for an enormous library - super adorable. Way better for actually learning to speak & comprehend while traveling in a foreign country than Duolingo, imo
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Nemo Apps LLC
- 50.7 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Dutch, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2018 Nemo Apps LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Nemo German Foundation pack $11.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.